What's new

A Tremendous Aftershave, though hard to get...

Five or six years ago, I was introduced to L&L Grooming (now Declaration Grooming) through a BST purchase of a slightly used set of Harmony soap and aftershave. Once I used the soap, I knew this was my artisan. I still love the bison base best (though Milksteak is also good). And Declaration and MdC soaps are my two favorite soaps. But this is the aftershave forum, right?

At the time I bought the set, I was totally into alcohol burns in my aftershaves. Cat o' Nine Tails from Captain's Choice was my fave. The L&L Harmony aftershave had no alcohol, though I loved the scent. I quit using it, though, as it seemed a "witch hazel derivative."

Since then, I've come to enjoy aftershaves like Maol Grooming which, though alcohol-based, give me a great, moisturizing face-feel. About a week ago, I used the L&L Harmony again, after several years.

The scent was stupendous, as I remember (nag champa and other hippie scents from the '60s). Also important, the face feel is much like Maol. Though without alcohol. I like the alcohol.

Unfortunately, Scott seems to have decided not to make this scent again. On the other hand, he seems to have decided to add alcohol to his aftershaves--good for him!

Top Bottom