What's new

A stable of Fillys

I got out my Fillys to make sure there was some oil on the blades and thought a fan of them might be interesting. There is a First gen 14 Especial (black), a 14 Doble Temple (pearl) two 13 Novodor and Sub Cero (jade green) and a 12 DT with pearl scales. All great shavers.The blades are bright but the oil makes them look a bit dull. I think the first gen 14 is the best shaver of all. The stones are a Kiita and a natural coticule.

Attachments

• IMG_1118.JPG
    IMG_1118.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
  • Fan 2.JPG
    Fan 2.JPG
    960.2 KB · Views: 61
Sorry for my ignorance in information. What is special about Filamornica razors? Is it the bevel angle, steel or they are rare to find now? Glad to read some info from people that appreciate them.

It could be the steel, or the grind. But I find my older Filarmonicas t give me the best shave , closest, fewest nicks, and grabs, of any razor. The so called 2 d generation all date from the 1970s or earlier, so they are pretty old and a lot were owned by barbers and got used up so they are on the rare side.

It could be the steel, or the grind. But I find my older Filarmonicas t give me the best shave , closest, fewest nicks, and grabs, of any razor. The so called 2 d generation all date from the 1970s or earlier, so they are pretty old and a lot were owned by barbers and got used up so they are on the rare side.
Thanks for the information!

Top Bottom