What's new

A reintroduction

Hello everyone,

I think I’ve been a member since the early 2000's but I haven’t been active here for many years so I thought I’d do a reintroduction.

My name is Henry, I’m from and currently live in Iowa, I have lived in Tennessee, and for a short time in Michigan. I will be 53 in august, in 2014 I had a pretty bad stroke, which left me permanently disabled and with a lot of free time. If you have any questions please ask, I am an open book. It’s great to be here again!

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Hello everyone,

I think I’ve been a member since the early 2000's but I haven’t been active here for many years so I thought I’d do a reintroduction.

My name is Henry, I’m from and currently live in Iowa, I have lived in Tennessee, and for a short time in Michigan. I will be 53 in august, in 2014 I had a pretty bad stroke, which left me permanently disabled and with a lot of free time. If you have any questions please ask, I am an open book. It’s great to be here again!
Hi, I'm Eric. Where in TN did you live?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome back the the forum @Hank, thanks for checking back in with us. Very sorry to hear about your stroke. I hope that your health has improved since the stroke.

Welcome back and I hope you are doing well! My father had a stroke, though at an older age, so I have some idea of the challenges. I believe there is a new poster here who only has use of one arm to shave if I remember correctly, amazing determination!

Welcome back and I hope you are doing well! My father had a stroke, though at an older age, so I have some idea of the challenges. I believe there is a new poster here who only has use of one arm to shave if I remember correctly, amazing determination!

It has definitely been a change, before the stroke I was predominantly left side of the body dominant. I joke that the index finger of my right hand was just a nose picker, and now it’s everythin. I was left side effected. The first time I shaved right handed it was the most unnatural feeling you can imagine. Before the stroke I was starting to get into straights, I haven’t touched one since 😳😂

It has definitely been a change, before the stroke I was predominantly left side of the body dominant. I joke that the index finger of my right hand was just a nose picker, and now it’s everythin. I was left side effected. The first time I shaved right handed it was the most unnatural feeling you can imagine. Before the stroke I was starting to get into straights, I haven’t touched one since 😳😂
It's never too late to get an AC Kai clone and guarded blades, lots of people jumping in! :devil:
(have a look at the SABRE club)

For everybody else reading; see this is why you learn to be ambidextrous with straights from the beginning! 🤪

In all seriousness, do whatever you can. I am sure doing anything at all is a bit of an accomplishment that helps your well being. 😁

Top Bottom