What's new

A real GEM of a day at the anique store!

I went to one of the local antique stores a about 2 hours ago because there's a certain display case there that usually has lots of razors, usually GEMs. Well they had got in a few more since the last time I was there so I kind of picked through what they had as I basically have everything that they had already. I still like to buy extras if they are in decent shape, I display the better ones and shave with the more used a brassing ones. I found 2 more open comb micromatics and the one still has the original tag and paper insert where the blade goes, the case is perfect also. I then found another clog-pruf micromatic in a very nice case with original blades. Then I found a Treet 1912 with a brown bakelite handle and a nickel head, I already have 2 of the Gems with the black bakelite handles and the brass heads. I also found the coveted 1912 Damaskeene.:tongue_sm They still have plenty more GEMS and Schicks and Durhams left, I just don't need 10 of everything. Here are some pics.:thumbup::thumbup1:

Very nice, especially the Damaskeene. It doesn't show in the pictures but the Treet should have a different comb than the Gem Batons and 1912's. It's similar to the Clog-pruf.

Last edited:
Very nice, especially the Damaskeene. It doesn't show in the pictures but the Treet should have a different comb than the Gem Batons and 1912's. It's similar to the Clog-pruf.

Yes, I noticed that right away! Does that make any difference in the shave?

Last edited:
Ooohhh, all that SE goodness and a new OCMM! Nice. I recently got my hands on a new OCMM. The finish on it just sparkles. Congrats on your haul.

even with my my 1901 gem junior bar, and 1904-1906 ever ready, both lather cathcers............ my 2 MMOC's, 1 brass, 1 nickel, they are the ones i wont ever part with. The Micromatic Open Combs just have something special....

I went to one of the local antique stores a about 2 hours ago because there's a certain display case there that usually has lots of razors, usually GEMs.

How funny is it that I know EXACTLY where you're talking about! I haven't been there in a few weeks, but yeah, it's like GEM heaven every time I go. Lucky for you I don't buy SEs anymore.

How funny is it that I know EXACTLY where you're talking about! I haven't been there in a few weeks, but yeah, it's like GEM heaven every time I go. Lucky for you I don't buy SEs anymore.

I literally have a ton of SEs and I usually pass them by, but every now and then I get a wild hair to add to my collection and those razors came with perfect cases for only $5.00 a piece, kind of hard to pass up.:001_tt1: Besides there's no better shave out there than the shave from a good SE.:thumbup:

even with my my 1901 gem junior bar, and 1904-1906 ever ready, both lather cathcers............ my 2 MMOC's, 1 brass, 1 nickel, they are the ones i wont ever part with. The Micromatic Open Combs just have something special....

I also have all of those razors that you mentioned, my lather catchers are my prized razors. The Micromatic Clog-pruf is also a damned fine razor, I have 3 of those also.

Ooohhh, all that SE goodness and a new OCMM! Nice. I recently got my hands on a new OCMM. The finish on it just sparkles. Congrats on your haul.

The other cased MMOC doesn't have the tag or paper blade insert but :thumbup:it and the case are like new also.

Top Bottom