What's new

A Note from My Son

Wait a minute. He's getting a PhD in physics and has handwriting that legible? He had to of dictated it to one of his underclassmen interns. It''s well known that physicists and chemists (me) have horrible handwriting!!!!

Great note.....a keeper for sure!!!

Maybe this could be the start of many hand written notes by this budding PhD. that will make or great historical reading in the future.

Best of luck in your budding future.

strop

Now half as wise
University of Chicago? Harvard? I'm trying to remember who else has red Doctoral robes.

strop

Now half as wise
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) in Troy, New York

Thanks! I'll add that to the list. The red robes do look classy, don't they. I always look forward to the faculty procession at any graduation I attend. Always so colorful.

Thanks all! Long time lurker. Joined for the badger and the blade, but recently am getting more of a kick out of the pens and ink. As a scientist, to attain any sort of legibility, I find that I have to write sloooooooowly. Great idea about dictating my letters, I must have missed that one in the ph.d. perk pamphlet :euro:

I'm a little getting into the game here, but I have to say, "Wow! A genuine, hand-written lette...whoops... note!" It's going to be hard to find an A4 frame for it on this side of the Atlantic, though. :)

Nice touch about the warship.

Pretty cool.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
What a first class, thoughtful and charming note to your Father. :thumbsup:

Well Done!!!!

proxy.php
"The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought, this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, which helps us regain our equilibrium". Norbert Platt

Top Bottom