What's new

A little Tech love...

I have 1 pre-war and 3 post-war Techs, and find the pre-war gets the nod more times than not. Early on, I've consistently read numerous posts that the Tech equipped with a Feather blade is the match made in heaven. So I tried this suggestion and I wholeheartedly agree. This is indeed the combination of blade and razor for ME in whichever Tech I decided to use in the past couple months.

I have a couple tucks of Kai blades in my stash, so I thought....why not??

The shave I got this morning from my pre-war fat handle Tech, combined with MWF and a fresh Kai blade was awesome. 2 pass with minor touch-up and done!

I think I stumbled onto something here...

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
upload_2019-5-16_13-23-55.gif

My first wild find was a 1941 Gold Tech in original case and it still gets in my rotation. It may just be the perfect travel razor. It gives a great shave and if I did leave it behind or lose my luggage, I can always find another for a bargain price.

Somebody on these forums once blasphemously proclaimed that 90% of tbe world's male shaving needs could be met with the Tech.

They were right.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Tech’s are just fantastic razors. That I would say is why so many were made. I love Tech’s and if the price is right, I will always take one home regardless of how many that I already have.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
In 1940: Throughout the razor's production, Gillette positioned the Tech as a low-cost model of it's razor lineup, selling for years for 49 cents for the nickel version, and 98 cents for the gold-plated version.

In today's dollars that would make it a $9 razor. It sure is a fine razor for that price. Talk about getting your money's worth.

Top Bottom