What's new

A little help please

Trying to find a nice orange smelling cologne that has a nice lasting time. Hermes d'Orange Vert cologne is my favorite but just doesn't last long at all. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Might be tough to find a good quality, long-lasting citrus. Citrus notes are very volatile and burn off pretty quickly. That's why they're mainly used as top notes.

I don't have an awful lot of experience w/citrus scents. The few that I do have -- Creed's Bois de Cedrat & Cuir de Russie, Pen's Extract of Limes, C&S Neroli -- aren't terribly long-lasting. Still, I'm sure there are choices out there. No doubt other folks will chime in.

Pens Orange Blossom lasts a good amount of time, but its very sweet and powdery.

MFK APOM has actual orange blossom, so its a bit more flowerly and less citrusy, but smells SOOO good

Creed Orange Spice is very well regarded as well

Terre d'Hermes has amazing longevity and projection on me and the citrus sticks around almost the entire time. It's listed as grapefruit but I only learned that after I looked up the notes. It certainly has an "orange vibe" to it in my opinion.

Try Roger Gallet Bois D"Orange-lasts longer than most on me. It also won't break the bank. It rarely gets any mention here.

I'm a fan of Caswell Massey's #6. I think it's pretty long lasting, but I like the fact that it settles into a subtle sent.

The added benefit of Number Six is that you can often find it at TJMaxx or Marshalls for very cheap. My last bottle was $11 on clearance. BTW I wore it today!
I'm a fan of Caswell Massey's #6. I think it's pretty long lasting, but I like the fact that it settles into a subtle sent.

I did not know that. I'm gonna have to run by TJ Max next time I'm running low. Remember, cash only there. Identity theft is no bueno.

Terre d'Hermes has amazing longevity and projection on me and the citrus sticks around almost the entire time. It's listed as grapefruit but I only learned that after I looked up the notes. It certainly has an "orange vibe" to it in my opinion.

Terre d'Hermes does have orange listed on some fragrance sites. Orange is the first association for me when I think of this scent. But I think orange sticks to my mind rather than to my skin when I apply some TdH.

Trying to find a nice orange smelling cologne that has a nice lasting time. Hermes d'Orange Vert cologne is my favorite but just doesn't last long at all. Any recommendations? Thanks.

I am not personally familiar with the d'Orange Vert, but if you can find it, Crown's Imperial is a wonderful Eau de Portugal type of fragrance that truly lasts the entire day. Somewhat sweet, but not over the top in that department, predominantly orange in it's composition, and generally a joy to wear. Perhaps a bit heavy for the warmest months, but even then it's quite wearable. Be warned that it can, and will stain light colored clothing as it's a dark orange color that has been reported by some to even stain skin. A sample would be well worth your time, if you can't find a reasonably priced bottle.

Received my orange sanguine samples yesterday and it was just what I was looking for my wife likes it an my 9 month old daughter kept leaning in and smelling my shirt (I found a winner) much thanks again gents.

Top Bottom