What's new

A little closer look at Gillette 7 O'Clock blades (SEM Comparison)

I love my GSB and Black blades. I'm still deciding which is my preferred blade to use, but I love that I don't have to decide which one is better. I can switch them out in rotation and smile no matter which my razor is loaded with. The best part is all of my razors seem to get along with those two blades. No issues at all thus far! :-D

Thanks for this - and all your SEM pictures. I've only recently seen them, but now I'm going through, trying to see if there are any manufacturing similarities between the blades I enjoy and the ones I don't - and use that to cherrypick more blades to try.

Do you have a Wilkinson Sword blade to photograph? If not I'd happily post you a pack - they're one of my favourites and I'd be interested to see how they shape up.

Of the Gillettes, my favourite by a huge margin are the Silver Blues. The Blacks and (Russian) Greens don't feel anywhere near as sharp or smooth, and I still have to give the Yellows a fair try.

Last edited:
I love my GSB and Black blades. I'm still deciding which is my preferred blade to use, but I love that I don't have to decide which one is better. I can switch them out in rotation and smile no matter which my razor is loaded with. The best part is all of my razors seem to get along with those two blades. No issues at all thus far! :-D

Ditto for me. The only two blades that touch my face. They both just work the best for me.

Top Bottom