What's new

A Lab on Fire

Has anyone tried this house? I'm incredibly intrigued by a fragrance created by Dominique Ropion (the nose behind many of the Frederic Maille creations including Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geranium Pour Monsiour, and Portrait of a Lady).

The website lists the following notes: Top~ bergamot, honey, lychee | Mid~ Turkish rose essence, vanilla, heliotrope | Dry~ tonka bean, tolu, sandalwood, ambergris

I found very little on BN about this one, but did see a reference to it having a berry note very reminiscent of TF's Tobacco Vanille. I also found references to it being the same juice as S-ex produced by a house known as S-Perfume.

Any info would be greatly appreciated before I get tempted into a blind buy!!!

Hmmm, you've got my attention! I think the "berry" note in TF fragrances has often been described as 'raspberry.'

However the berry note listed in S-ex is strawberry (see BN link: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26123547.html). I've smelled S-ex and it's awesome. "Space leather" is what I think Luca/Sanchez called it and that's about right. I'd say it's like transparent leather, weightless but with a skin-like "enveloping" characteristic. The notes listed on BN aren't anything like you've described above, though.

Chris, I found this comment on BN:

In case anyone would like to know...

I contacted A Lab on Fire directly and was told that S-ex and WWDIS has the exact same juice inside. (only different name and quantity) The same is true for Rose Rebelle / SC-7545 /100% Love.

The reason I was given is that Rose Rebelle and WWDIS are sold in countries where S-Perfume 100% Love and S-ex are not distributed. (e.g. Collette in Paris)

Personally, I think the 15ml is a good size.
beer.gif

Yeah, the fragrance you've described is What We Do In Paris Is Secret - pretty cool name, if a little long.

The basenotes are a nice variation on the common tonka/vanilla/musk/sandalwood mixtures we see out there. I'm interested in hearing opinions from some B&B guys.

Top Bottom