What's new

A Forever Acquisition

Allow me once again to congratulate you! Perhaps it is often quoted, but rightly so:

An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life.
~
Proverbs 31:10-12

Wishing you and Akina the best in this new chapter of life. The true battle (In-Law approval) has been won and the Visa to America is but a small thing in comparison.

Agreed, we had the reading from the Book of Sirach at our wedding, and our Priest was "Wow, he really thinks you are something, eh?" :biggrin1:

" Happy the husband of a good wife, twice-lengthened are his days;
A worthy wife brings joy to her husband, peaceful and full is his life.
A good wife is a generous gift bestowed upon him who fears the LORD;
Be he rich or poor, his heart is content, and a smile is ever on his face. "

Congrats again, Andrew! :thumbup1:

" Happy the husband of a good wife, twice-lengthened are his days;

Yeah, days with the wife can really drag!

Congrats Andrew! I hope you and Akina find all the happiness and love that my wife and I have found, but none of the bad stuff that has helped us grow...may your growth come more easily.

Price sent me some Escudo from 2005. I will smoke it tonight in my Morta Tinsky in your honor.

On edit: Oh, and as is standard on B&B- pics or it didn't happen :biggrin:

Good idea, Owen. I should break out the 30-or-so-year old Lane Crown Achievement that Price sent me.

D

dwLost

Dear Sir;
I really do not know who you are, though I see you are quite popular here on this forum. I would like to add my congratulations to your list of well-wishers. I would also like to add that I dated my wife almost 6 years before we finally got married. No we didn't have any surmountable obstacles in our way I was just slow. That was 36 years ago; now in our 60's I love this girl more than ever. She has been the guiding force in my life. From family to work and to life choices she has been my one true inspiration, the reason for my existence. I hope and wish the both you the very best with many years together.

The secret to our 36 years together? You do what she tells you to do!
Yes we laugh but it really works.

dw

P.S. now that the kids are grown up she lets me smoke in the house - well sometime anyway

Last edited by a moderator:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Good idea, Owen. I should break out the 30-or-so-year old Lane Crown Achievement that Price sent me.

So, did you smoke it? I smoked the Escudo and really liked it. I think I need to buy some and forget about it for a while. I cannot fathom what a 30 old tobacco tastes like.

So, did you smoke it? I smoked the Escudo and really liked it. I think I need to buy some and forget about it for a while. I cannot fathom what a 30 old tobacco tastes like.

I had it a while back when my little sister got married. Me, my brother-in-law and another future brother-in-law all had a bowl. Words failed me, I remember writing Price a gushy thank you note...:001_wub:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I had it a while back when my little sister got married. Me, my brother-in-law and another future brother-in-law all had a bowl. Words failed me, I remember writing Price a gushy thank you note...:001_wub:

Was it the tobacco or the chest? :biggrin:

Dear Sir;
I really do not who you are though I see you are quite popular here on this forum. I would like to add my congratulations to your list of well-wishers. I would also like to add that I dated my wife almost 6 years before we finally got married. No we didn't have any surmountable obstacles in our way I was just slow. That was 34 years ago; now in our 60's I love this girl more than ever. She has been the guiding force in my life. From family to work and to life choices she has been my one true inspiration, the reason for my existence. I hope and wish the both you the very best with many years together.

The secret to our 34 years together? You do what she tells you to do!
Yes we laugh but it really works.

dw

P.S. now that the kids are grown up she lets me smoke in the house - well sometime anyway

Thanks for this. I feel this way about my wife of four years...

First chance to get online in a day or so, I just read it for the first time. Congratulations, Andrew, this is the best acquisition I've ever seen posted here in the BL. I - like apprently the entirety of the Brown Leaf brotherhood - am truly happy for you.

I've been out to sea all week, but when I get home tonight I plan to toast your happiness with something special. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom