What's new

A&E Shaving butter is it worth it?

Hi everyone
Got intrigued by this, it seems to get a lot of praise and there's lots of videos about it but I always check with you guys to get some additional feedback...is it really that good ?
Thx in advance ✌
ariana-and-evans-vetimore-shaving-soap-butter-118ml.jpg

After reading a lot of good comments about it I got the unscented one. I've tried it twice but without any great success. I felt it lacked protection. I would always end up with redness and minor irritation. Slickness and residual were OK, nothing to write home about. The postshave though was outstanding. Very nourishing and hydrating. My guess is that with a milder razor it would probably perform better.

proxy.php

proxy.php

After reading a lot of good comments about it I got the unscented one. I've tried it twice but without any great success. I felt it lacked protection. I would always end up with redness and minor irritation. Slickness and residual were OK, nothing to write home about. The postshave though was outstanding. Very nourishing and hydrating. My guess is that with a milder razor it would probably perform better.

proxy.php

proxy.php
Out of curiosity do you like your lathers on the dryer or thinner side like paste or paint on a wall or do you like your lathers wetter and pretty voluminous? I've seen people on youtube who like wet and voluminous lathers sing praises about it.

I try to use as much water as possible without making the lather drip and lose out on protection. If I make the lather thin I will significantly decrease the comfort of my shaves since the Rex tends to bite. But yes I do like voluminous lathers and I was very surprised when the soap didn't perform as I was expecting. Maybe I need to experiment with it a little more.

I try to use as much water as possible without making the lather drip and lose out on protection. If I make the lather thin I will significantly decrease the comfort of my shaves since the Rex tends to bite. But yes I do like voluminous lathers and I was very surprised when the soap didn't perform as I was expecting. Maybe I need to experiment with it a little more.
Good to know, I'll probably hold off on buying the shaving butter for a little bit.

Hi everyone
Got intrigued by this, it seems to get a lot of praise and there's lots of videos about it but I always check with you guys to get some additional feedback...is it really that good ?
Thx in advance ✌ View attachment 1341864
I haven’t tried this brand but I’ve used the Rock Face one.
I kind of like it and do get a good shave.
I’ve also just received the ingredients to start making my own. Found the recipe on Bumblebee Apothecary website. I’ll post something when I’ve found out if it’s any good for me.

Top Bottom