What's new

GIVEAWAY! A different kind of PIF!

For those that don't know, the book is copyright 1978 and covers the history of the Gillette company up to that time. Includes information on their other product lines such as Toni for ladies and Papermate pens. There are tidbits of information such as the name Atra originally came from Australian Test Razor where an opposing blade design was consumer tested in 1967. The opposing blades, looking similar to a potato peeler, allowed for shaving with a back-and-forth motion. The design was eventually dropped but of course, the Atra name was used years later with the new meaning of Automatic Tracking Razor Action.

I also just learned that the author passed away just last month.

Last edited:
This book, King C. Gillette the man and his wonderful shaving device, could be yours if you have at least 10 quality posts as of yesterday April 14, 2023, and post below showing you're in for the random drawing on Thursday, April 20, 2023.

Although a First Edition, the book is an ex-public library book and not in the best condition but all of the text is there.

Also included with the book will be 10 assorted DE razor blades. Shipping is on me, so it costs you nothing to enter and win! CONUS only.

Good Luck!

View attachment 1638854
View attachment 1638856
View attachment 1638857
View attachment 1638858
Count me in good sir !!:)

The winner will be selected at random Thursday morning so jump in now if you're interested!

And the winner is....post #15, @gpjoe

Congratulations! Send me a PM with your mailing info and this will be on its way to you.

Thanks everyone for participating!

Screenshot 2023-04-20 7.24.57 AM.png

So, I've been conversing with @Big_T and we've decided to make this a pass-around, if there is interest.

Once I receive the book and blades, and have a chance to look it over (notice I didn't commit to reading the entire book 😄) I'm planning to sign and date it, note my home state, slip a few of my favorite blades between the pages, and send it on to another member.

I think it will be kinda cool to follow its travels. Pictures would be very cool.

Thoughts?

So, I've been conversing with @Big_T and we've decided to make this a pass-around, if there is interest.

Once I receive the book and blades, and have a chance to look it over (notice I didn't commit to reading the entire book 😄) I'm planning to sign and date it, note my home state, slip a few of my favorite blades between the pages, and send it on to another member.

I think it will be kinda cool to follow its travels. Pictures would be very cool.

Thoughts?
That was my intent upon entering.:thumbsup:

This book, King C. Gillette the man and his wonderful shaving device, could be yours if you have at least 10 quality posts as of yesterday April 14, 2023, and post below showing you're in for the random drawing on Thursday, April 20, 2023.

Although a First Edition, the book is an ex-public library book and not in the best condition but all of the text is there.

Also included with the book will be 10 assorted DE razor blades. Shipping is on me, so it costs you nothing to enter and win! CONUS only.

Good Luck!

View attachment 1638854
View attachment 1638856
View attachment 1638857
View attachment 1638858
I've got this book. Its a great read and would highly recommend.

Top Bottom