What's new

A different aftershave, Whiskey Woods

I just discovered an aftershave that I never saw before. It may be new or not but this A/S by Clubman Whiskey Woods is really nice and kind of different from any other A/S I have tried. It has a mild scent but feels very refreshing on my face. It's scent is like the name implies, a woodsy scent with a light aftermath of whiskey. Really worth a try.

View attachment 1065420
I was in the drugstore the other day and found WW and had a sniff and I know what you mean about it being a different kind of scent. I really liked it.

So I took a bottle of Clubman Classic Vanilla from the plastic bottle and put it into a glass bottle. I read once that within hours you can smell the difference. Being better in the glass bottle. Well I did it yesterday and I can't smell any difference between the glass bottle and the plastic bottle.
I just put the contents of Whiskey Woods into a glass bottle about an hour ago. I'll wait about 12 hours and smell it. I'll see if this really makes any difference. Of course my sense of smell may not be the best either.

Did any find a big difference when you took the aftershave from a plastic bottle and put it into a glass bottle?

Did any find a big difference when you took the aftershave from a plastic bottle and put it into a glass bottle?
I decant all of my Pinaud aftershaves into glass bottles. The only one that I have noticed a big difference in was the Veg. My nose is not particularly good at picking out scents but I could definitely tell a difference in a couple days with the Veg. I'm not so sure about the others but I just like the glass better in any case.

I have a confession to make. I have been using The Clubman A/S for many years as my daily A/S sometimes switching to VIBR in the winter months. However, since WW came out I admit that I like it better than either even though I have never gotten a compliment on it (many compliments over the years on Clubman classic a/k/a "The Clubman"). I like to use WW when I am feeling devilish. The Clubman just feels too dignified for that and VIBR too collegial. However, here is the admission: WW smells way more like what I remember barbershops smelling like than either The Clubman or certainly VIBR. The Clubman smells more floral than I remember and VIBR more spicy than I remember.

Can anyone explain that?

I hope I won't lose my membership in the Mystical and Utopian Order of Pinaud for saying that!

Whiskey Woods does have an unusual scent. A rather masculine scent. It is in my top 2 scents also, along with Cella red label.

I mostly use balms vs a straight aftershave but have recently started using the Pinaud Whiskey Woods powder and it does smell really nice... makes me want to give the aftershave a shot... if it was a balm it would already be on order. :)

I mostly use balms vs a straight aftershave but have recently started using the Pinaud Whiskey Woods powder and it does smell really nice... makes me want to give the aftershave a shot... if it was a balm it would already be on order. :)

I only use balms if I had a rough shave which rarely happens now.

I just discovered an aftershave that I never saw before. It may be new or not but this A/S by Clubman Whiskey Woods is really nice and kind of different from any other A/S I have tried. It has a mild scent but feels very refreshing on my face. It's scent is like the name implies, a woodsy scent with a light aftermath of whiskey. Really worth a try.

View attachment 1065420
\
Does anybody know if there is an pump/atomizer that can be used with that bottle?

I ordered 4 different flavors about 6 months ago. I have:
Original after shave lotion
Clubman Musk
Cognac Neat
Whisky Woods

I use them all and I have no preference as to my favorite. I do want to order the Bay Rum in the future. I am a Clumban fanboy for life. I will use nothing else.

Top Bottom