What's new

A different aftershave, Whiskey Woods

I just discovered an aftershave that I never saw before. It may be new or not but this A/S by Clubman Whiskey Woods is really nice and kind of different from any other A/S I have tried. It has a mild scent but feels very refreshing on my face. It's scent is like the name implies, a woodsy scent with a light aftermath of whiskey. Really worth a try.

Whiskey Woods.JPG

I picked the Pinaud Whiskey Woods up last Fall and really like it. I did add a few drops of liquid glycerine to make it a bit less drying sitting the colder months. I pair it with Art of Shaving Kingsman (now simply called Bourbon) shave cream. They complement each other quite well.

As we head toward the warmer months I'm looking forward to trying the Pinaud Gent's Gin.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Yeah, there's s few threads ... they came out with that, Brandy Spice and Gent's Gin at the same time. They're all good, believe they do gave a moisturizer - unlike most Pinauds.

AA

I'm thinking early 2019 or late 2018

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I looked. First post about them on B&B was November 2017. I knew it had to be earlier, I got WW for Christmas in 2018 and it had been out for quite awhile already then.

Smells much better when decanted to glass and I'm slowly working on such a decanted bottle of it. I won't replace it when it's gone but I'll certainly not begrudge anyone else who likes it. It's a likable product.

I love the scent of Whiskey Woods. The scent is not strong, but is lingers nicely. It actually reminds me very much of a perfume that my mother wore when I was a little kid.

One of three spirits themed after shaves introduced in 2017 under the Clubman Reserve line. My favorite of the three is Gent’s Gin, but Whiskey Woods gets a ton of love on this Forum. Brandy Spice is the third.

I just discovered an aftershave that I never saw before. It may be new or not but this A/S by Clubman Whiskey Woods is really nice and kind of different from any other A/S I have tried. It has a mild scent but feels very refreshing on my face. It's scent is like the name implies, a woodsy scent with a light aftermath of whiskey. Really worth a try.

View attachment 1065420
Did you transfer the liquid into a glass bottle so it can mellow out and give you a much better scent straight from a plastic bottle.

What a great fragrance. Like the description says’ a smoky scent with whiskey, tobacco and woody notes’. I do pick up some leather but the scent certainly isn’t as brash as special reserve. I think WW is the most popular out of the 3 new pinauds.
Btw, the label looks good on a hot sauce bottle, it’s not as wide as pinauds typical ‘shield‘ label shape. Here it is on a Cholula bottle 5 ounce size.

Attachments

• C078C8BB-E9C7-4718-BCD1-0A64D3E68B2E.jpeg
    C078C8BB-E9C7-4718-BCD1-0A64D3E68B2E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 80
What a great fragrance. Like the description says’ a smoky scent with whiskey, tobacco and woody notes’. I do pick up some leather but the scent certainly isn’t as brash as special reserve. I think WW is the most popular out of the 3 new pinauds.
Btw, the label looks good on a hot sauce bottle, it’s not as wide as pinauds typical ‘shield‘ label shape. Here it is on a Cholula bottle 5 ounce size.

It does look good. I couldn't think of what bottle I could use but now that I saw yours it answered my question. I have one of those bottles too. Thanks' for the idea.
Does the WW label come off easily?

It is kinda tricky, I microwaved the bottle with water in it checking every 10 seconds or so. And it does take alot more heat than you'd think for it to release the label. Once removed the glue sets quickly, so the hardest part is centering up and sticking the label before the glue dries, you really only get one chance.
My last label transfer was a disaster because it wasn’t centered good and I tried to fix it on the fly. I think maybe if both bottles have heated water it would help and give you more time centering it up ( this is just a theory though).
Good luck!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I like and use WW, but it's so boozy I could understand if someone accused the wearer of having a nip!

AA

Top Bottom