What's new

A couple ERs I restored.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Great work. How did you paint the lettering? Was that the rustolium with toothpicks?

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Great work. How did you paint the lettering? Was that the rustolium with toothpicks?

Thanks? Yes. Toothpicks. And a small can of brush paint. Basically just filled the letter with the toothpick, let it dry some, And polished over it lightly with some flitz and a microfiber cloth. If I wasn't getting the definition I wanted, I'd scratch off the excess with a clean toothpick . Takes a couple coats sometimes, Depending on the lettering depth.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks? Yes. Toothpicks. And a small can of brush paint. Basically just filled the letter with the toothpick, let it dry some, And polished over it lightly with some flitz and a microfiber cloth. If I wasn't getting the definition I wanted, I'd scratch off the excess with a clean toothpick . Takes a couple coats sometimes, Depending on the lettering depth.
Let me get this straight: you really didn't do anything, just sent it to @Toothpick to do the heavy lifting?!?

And you call yerself an Ambassador! Next thing ya know you'll have ole @shavefan fooled by you, and he'll be restoring old cars for ya! For shame!

KeenDogg

Let me get this straight: you really didn't do anything, just sent it to @Toothpick to do the heavy lifting?!?

And you call yerself an Ambassador! Next thing ya know you'll have ole @shavefan fooled by you, and he'll be restoring old cars for ya! For shame!
You have the best sense of humor I have ever seen in a person.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You have the best sense of humor I have ever seen in a person.
Lol, and if you saw the face that only I call incredibly handsome you'd know that it's a defense mechanism.

My mom had to tie TWO steaks around my neck to get the dog to play with me! True story doggone!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I see. That’s pretty painstaking and it looks great. I used some paint rub to fill in engraving on a rv brush but I can’t remember the name of it now.

KeenDogg

I see. That’s pretty painstaking and it looks great. I used some paint rub to fill in engraving on a rv brush but I can’t remember the name of it now.

Time consuming, mostly. I think I'm going to get a pair of magnifiers if I do it again. My eyes aren't getting any younger. Thank you!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Time consuming, mostly. I think I'm going to get a pair of magnifiers if I do it again. My eyes aren't getting any younger. Thank you!
Oh i remembered I used rub n buff. Recommend for painting in engraved areas.

Well done Adam!!! those have turned out beautiful mate, Love the 200 and the colours and its nice to see you joining in. So are we going to see more in the future?

KeenDogg

Well done Adam!!! those have turned out beautiful mate, Love the 200 and the colours and its nice to see you joining in. So are we going to see more in the future?
Hey, Ian. Thanks! I'm dabbling here and there. Imagine I have a couple more up my sleeve.

Top Bottom