What's new

A couple ERs I restored.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
2 Ever Ready 200s. Hope you enjoy them. Did some, polishing, did some painting, and did some knot replacing (on one)!
20210123_173136.jpg
20210123_173206.jpg

KeenDogg

Beautiful! I need to learn about the painting part for my brushes of similar vintage. Any paint/tool/technique tips?
I used a rustoleum indoor/outdoor acrylic. Then I use a toothpick for control. After it starts to dry, I roll it around on a chamois with some dried flitz on it. Then I take another toothpick and remove any coloring outside the lines I did. The Rustoleum acrylic is fairly forgiving. Be careful. Enamel will be hard to remove, Acetone will marr the handle, and 2 part epoxy will also do damage. I set my knot with it and learned its best to tape the parts you don't want epoxy on with painters tape.

And THANK YOU!

These are very handsome handles that are just started to get appreciated (probably thanks to that heritage brush handle maker copying them). They used to be almost worthless and you could pick them up for next to nothing. I say get them while you can, I see these becoming the new Rubberset #3/4... another handle that got popular fast and went from dirt cheap to $50-150.

Very nice restore. I love the polish on them. Nice, but not overdone.

KeenDogg

They came out great!

Thanks very much!
These are very handsome handles that are just started to get appreciated (probably thanks to that heritage brush handle maker copying them). They used to be almost worthless and you could pick them up for next to nothing. I say get them while you can, I see these becoming the new Rubberset #3/4... another handle that got popular fast and went from dirt cheap to $50-150.

Very nice restore. I love the polish on them. Nice, but not overdone.

I first saw almost six years ago when I started here. They were on a pretty pricey jag around 45 bucks unrestored. I actually had to buy 2 of them. One 5 years ago and one just other day to get a good example. I really like the heritage ones. A great option seeing how I have 60 bucks into this one on the left. The right was mostly time.

KeenDogg

The ER 200 is my favorite vintage handle and yours look amazing. Great job Adam!
Thanks, Thomas! It's is tge second time I've used an Omega brush as a knot donor and I'm very pleased. The loft is a little lower than the original, but not by much. I was sort of limited because the bump wasn't very even. It may be because I used an economy Omega. But for 10 bucks, I'm not complaining! It's very good quality hair.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I've got an old timer brush, I believe an ever ready, that was my late father in law's or his dad's or my wife's other grampa. I'll have to dig it up and see how it's held up.

I really love that you have posted these pictures 'Dawg. And thanks for all you do, puttin' up with people like @shavefan and all.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I've got an old timer brush, I believe an ever ready, that was my late father in law's or his dad's or my wife's other grampa. I'll have to dig it up and see how it's held up.

I really love that you have posted these pictures 'Dawg. And thanks for all you do, puttin' up with people like @shavefan and all.

Wait. What? Did I do something? Apologies @keendog!

Beautiful brushes, great job!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Wait. What? Did I do something? Apologies @keendog!

Beautiful brushes, great job!
@KeenDogg has eyes everywhere. I'm not supposed to say anything, but I've recently been "deputized" and report directly to him.

I think it's just so's he can keep a closer eye on me. But I'll take my little victories where I can get 'em.

Top Bottom