What's new

A-3 Gillette Serial Toggle #4251 goes for $3430

$A3Toggle.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Vintage-G...d1BzQ%2B8pGmATzPeSF50%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

But it also came with two FatBoys. So realistically $3,300 with out a case!!! I'm really getting close to selling my Cased A-3 SN# Toggle if they are going for that kind of money!

Congratulations to the new owner. Looks like a nice clean specimen of a SN# Toggle!!! Would love to see more photos when you get it if your a member here.

That makes me feel a warm inside Glenn.:thumbup1:

Just gave No.4106 a pat on the head.:001_smile

Ha ha. Good for you Tom. But I actually thought it should go for just under $4,000. But, I guess sight unseen with bad pictures the "low" price is justified. If it was mint with great closeups and correct title it definitely would have fetched more.

Glenn, I think you are driving up the prices.
There ain't that many and you've got close to half of them by now I think.:001_smile

Glenn, I think you are driving up the prices.
There ain't that many and you've got close to half of them by now I think.:001_smile

Tom I didn't even bid on it. I did email Michael in Munich though. I know he wants one. Maybe he got it. Haven't heard. I was tempted to bid when it was around $2000 because that was super cheap. Thought I would just leave things be and see what would happen.

Tom I didn't even bid on it. I did email Michael in Munich though. I know he wants one. Maybe he got it. Haven't heard. I was tempted to bid when it was around $2000 because that was super cheap. Thought I would just leave things be and see what would happen.

I hope you know I'm just teasing you Glenn. I know you are a razor junkie .....ah, I mean an enthusiast like the rest of us.

@GlenConti where exactly is the A3 code on this razor?
The Serial Number Toggles or as they are becoming known now-a-days the A-3 Toggles were thought to be made in part, using the modified base plate of an A-3 Aristocrat or Super Speed. So the code marks are found in the traditional positions of those models. The adjusting plate of the toggle makes this difficult but the date codes are visible at the right angle.

When I went to bed at 1030 Europe time on Sunday night, it was still at ONLY $2000.
Glad to know that the buyer got a couple of "nice" Fatboys and some blades...
As said, makes the Toggle ONLY $3,300 or so.
It wasn't me that bid $2.50 but I would have gone as high as $25.00...

That's just nuts. Knowing my luck, if I had a toggle just like that I wanted to sell on ebay it would be the one time there was almost no bidding interest and the winner would snag it for $34 :)

That's just nuts. Knowing my luck, if I had a toggle just like that I wanted to sell on ebay it would be the one time there was almost no bidding interest and the winner would snag it for $34 :)

Or I'd get it and, while unpacking the box, even before using it, the dog would jump on my arm and I'd drop the razor on the tile floor and destroy it....

Top Bottom