What's new

8k DMT, questions and first impression.

Thanks for the link.

I'm quite fond of the EE. It actually is considerably faster going 1.2k to 8k on DMT's than using stones was. The one drawback is the DMT scratches seem to take a little bit more time on my finisher to work out than my King's did, but as it breaks in a bit more I expect it'll reach a nice middleground.

I just got a D8EE (and a D8XX, thus completing my D8* collection) but to lap some Arkansas stones all the way up (this is going to take forever regardless). Maybe, once I thoroughly wear in the D8EE with an Arkansas translucent stone, I'll see how I like the D8EE for razors. Right now I'm skeptical.

I just got a D8EE (and a D8XX, thus completing my D8* collection) but to lap some Arkansas stones all the way up (this is going to take forever regardless). Maybe, once I thoroughly wear in the D8EE with an Arkansas translucent stone, I'll see how I like the D8EE for razors. Right now I'm skeptical.

DO NOT LAP STONES ON THE EE!!!

It has been said that using the EE to lap stones is a sure way to remove the diamonds from your EE.

Top Bottom