What's new

8000 Post PIFaroo

I havent held a PIF in a while so lets get to getting with the PIFs already, so here is how its all gonna go down

Up for grabs is a Platinum Plaisir with a Platinum converter (Really good converters) Ill toss in some ink samples and the fixin's and what nots (Meaning if I can find my second one a syringe will come as well so you can fill from samples)

I need a fake review for the pen you dont yet own, then once I hit my 8000 post Ill come back in here (Thats when this will close) and pick a winner using my secret ninja top secret, secret method, now with more secret

You in ? You down, You know you waaaaan It !

lets see what you gots

$2013-08-13 20.38.27.jpg

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Sweet PIF but I'm not in only because if I win and folks know we live so close together, they'll call "FIX!!!"
Almost 8,000 posts in 1 1/2 years... you're single right? (I know the answer :001_tongu)

Wait lol 32 posts (after this) that will probably mean ill hit my 8000 tomorrow so ill just leave it open till sunday

I'm in.

Here is my mock review:

As a lefty finding a pen that works for me is at times difficult, that is why I am hesitant to try out a new pen; however when I was given the opportunity to try out the Platinum Plaisir I decided it was worth a shot. I was quite surprised in how smoothly the ink flowed with this pen, as it quickly adapted to my writing style. I tested it out in a variety of different situations with a number of different types of paper and in each situation it performed spectacularly. When taking notes during lectures in a journal the Plaisir performed better than my standby Zebra V-301; and addressing envelopes it just provided a little something extra. Overall if I were to suggest a pen to someone no matter whether they are new to using a fountain pen or not I would gladly include the Platinum Plaisir to the list of recommended pens.

I'm in.
Wow what can I say the.platinum plaisir is one heck of a writing instrument! From the moment the pen hits paper the ink just flows from it like a meandering river making it's way down stream. The quality of this pen is top notch, with every attention to detail and craftsmanship given. It is truly a writing instrument that must be seen and held to be believed.

Not in, but great PIF. My PAD went away when my tremors showed up. But I still have an otherwise full inventory of AD's :001_unsur

Here is my review. Seeing as how I never learned to write properly this will be brief.

I'm in! It's a pen that writes better than I can muster and will make women swoon at my new found writing brilliance.

Seriously though this is one area I hope to improve myself upon and a proper fountain pen would certainly take me down that road. Thanks for putting up a great PIF!

Im in. I don't yet own, nor have I ever used a fountain pen, but I've been interested since I found B&B. That being said, here goes my review:

This pen has changed my life! My boss gave me a 20% pay raise due to my much improved penmanship in the emails I send, and my mortgage company is happy because their machines can now properly read the checks I send them.

I'm in and likewise don't own a fountain pen and have not used one in maybe 35 years but as the Gents here do everything so well it sure looks like a great hobby.

Here goes:
When asked by the inventor of the series IV Platinum Plaisir with Oxygenated draw down and pilth refractor, to review this pen I was in my element.
It arrived here in New Zealand by sheep courier (thats what we do here people) and strangely enough the lanolin of the sheep and softened the stamps. (YMMV)
I carefully opened the package with my box cutter (thats how we open packages here) and low and behold attached with a note was a brand new "Platinum converter"
thats right nothing but top of line for B&B members.
Shaking uncontrollably (but enough to hold my new Series IV) I went straight to work. Out come my deadsea scrolls my uncle had died while retrieving (not before sheep couriering to me of course) and I wrote up a storm on my version of what happened pre and post BC.
Its now been published in the new Bible.
So what else can I say....I enjoy all my hobbies more since the arrival of the latest and greatest SIV (thats what people in the know call them)
even swimming, which is quite strange as I couldn't swim before.

Yes you may have noticed I left out how the pen actually wrote, well thats part two Sirs.

On a side note for my Kiwi and Aussie mates "It's gone straight to the pool room" this is the highest accolade in this part of the world.

I just picked up my TWSBI 580 today and here's my review:
I opened it up to fill the converter (I don't like to dip the nib) and was blown away by the laser light show that erupted from the converter. Once the battery died I heard a little 'POP' and some confetti sprinkled out. Very festive, but I'm not too fond of the $80 recharging fee to do it again. Still though, worth it!
-Ben

Platinum Plaisir mock review:

Pen body wasn't too hefty. Not a sturdy as some other metal body pens, but better that cheap plastic. Writing was decent. The nib is not very springy and just a tad scratchy. However, the ink flowed very well and starts up right away. No leakage from the cap even when stored horizontally. Overall, a decent pen - not top of the line but certainly worth the price.

oh man .. fake review for a pen I have no idea what id does eh .. phew .. if I only were that creative *whisfull thinking" .. would have made it into news weather forecast with ease or news writer or fortune teller .. oh the possibility :a4:

JinHao DragonPower in 3D
$sku_171959_1.jpg
Not much to say about it .. pure (fake) gold all around .. don't let people to close so they wont notice :001_tt2: .. bringing BLING BLING everywhere you take it .. Nice 3D artwork of dragons chasing each other for bonus attention .. so everyone will surely stare at you when you try to take some notes. If attention is what you want this is the pen to have !

I received the pen yesterday and opened the package with great anticipation. I was particularly interested in the so-called Platinum Converter, as my financial situation hasn't been the best lately. I picked up the converter and touched it to a variety of metal objects...some coins, the refrigerator, a paper clip, an old spoon, a Craftsman socket set, even a kitchen knife. Nothing happened! I looked inside the box and found a sheet describing how to use the converter...I repeated the process on the same items, this time screwing the converter up and down several times...still nothing! :confused1

I'm sorry to say that this much-vaunted Platinum Converter is either defective or is a sham. Not one single item it was applied to was converted to platinum, or to anything else, for that matter! So much for my dreams of becoming independently wealthy. :sad:

As a consolation, I found that the accompanying fountain pen was very nice! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom