What's new

7/8 G. Wostenholm Chopper in Horn

Received the razor today and it looks even more stunning than in the pictures. I am definitely going to have to take this baby out for a spin this evening. The blade restoration is amazing. Russell took just the right approach with the eagle side sacrificing an absolutely perfect finish for maintaining the most integrity in the eagle. In reality, the slight imperfections surrounding the eagle are just that, slight imperfections that give the blade character. The scales are beautiful; that horn contrasted with the white micarta wedge is just the right touch. The grain in the horn is subtle but amazing. The scales combined with the blade will make this a favorite in my collection for years and years.

Received the razor today and it looks even more stunning than in the pictures. I am definitely going to have to take this baby out for a spin this evening. The blade restoration is amazing. Russell took just the right approach with the eagle side sacrificing an absolutely perfect finish for maintaining the most integrity in the eagle. In reality, the slight imperfections surrounding the eagle are just that, slight imperfections that give the blade character. The scales are beautiful; that horn contrasted with the white micarta wedge is just the right touch. The grain in the horn is subtle but amazing. The scales combined with the blade will make this a favorite in my collection for years and years.

So it was Steve!! I guess it's not enough to have the West's greatest tea basement! :lol::lol::lol:

Congrats to you, sir.

Thank you for the comments Steve!! I hope you enjoy it. I like that horn so much I think I am going to do one for myself in it.

Congratulations Steve. I concur that A-man does fantastic work!!

Do you have enough Horn for a third??? I have a tally ho that needs a new set of clothes.

Had a chance to take this beauty out for a spin. Not only was the restoration great but the hone on the edge was fantastic. 30 laps on canvas and 60 on leather and the blade cut through my beard like it was butter. Got an almost BBS shave in 2 passes. Third pass in the opposite XTG direction and I was BBS. Russell qualifies as a honemeister in addition to a great restorer. Well, enough gushing about my shave...
The grain on the horn is magnificent and is hard to photograph so it does not show up well in the pics but is phenominal. The balance of the horn is perfect with the big blade. I could not be more pleased with this restore that is an understated work of art.

Top Bottom