What's new

$7.50 for Lip Balm, Seriously?

Wow. I guess that is part of the problem (or advantage?) of living in an area without good malls is I don't see that sort of thing. I generally buy a tube of lip balm from Frost Fish Cove when I order soaps. I dig hers.

I was a Bath and Body Works the other day stocking up on C.O. Bigelow Cream. I got my buy two get one free. I noticed a very large display of C.O. Bigelow Lip Balm. I said what the heck. It is Bigelow. It must be good. I checked out the price and almost fainted. It was $7.50 for a tube. The tube is the size of any other tube of lip balm. I bit the bullet and decided to try it despite the price. Unfortunately it is not any better than most other lip balms out there. Sure, better than Blistex, but I compare it to Burts Bees. And I can get that for under $3.00. I realize that YMMV, but I think that I've been had. Anyone else tried the Bigelow lip balm? What are your opinions?

That would chap anybody. :w00t:

Sometime last year, I got one of the C.O. Bigelow mint balms at a discount (due to some promotion they were running), so I think I was able to get it for around $2. I was not at all impressed with it. Simply not $7.50 no matter how you slice it. I like Burt's Bees way better. :tongue_sm

Top Bottom