What's new

Personna Lab Blue blades in a 5 blade dispenser

For anyone wanting to try the Personna Lab Blues, I found some locally. I live in Oklahoma City and went into Sally Beauty Supply (a National chain), with the wife, and took a look at the de blades they had in stock. I saw tucks of Derby Orange and I saw a package labeled Personna. Upon further inspection, I saw they were Comfort Coated and Made in the USA. I would say these are Lab Blues in a 5 blade dispenser. They were $2.99, overpriced, but is ok for someone wanting to try a Lab Blue blade without buying a larger quantity. Thought this might be of interest.

Attachments

• 837A4689-F286-465B-9797-2AF39881170F.jpeg
    837A4689-F286-465B-9797-2AF39881170F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
  • A0A8D7A2-4EE1-4C5A-B0BF-F2D8202879E2.jpeg
    A0A8D7A2-4EE1-4C5A-B0BF-F2D8202879E2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
For anyone wanting to try the Personna Lab Blues, I found some locally. I live in Oklahoma City and went into Sally Beauty Supply (a National chain), with the wife, and took a look at the de blades they had in stock. I saw tucks of Derby Orange and I saw a package labeled Personna. Upon further inspection, I saw they were Comfort Coated and Made in the USA. I would say these are Lab Blues in a 5 blade dispenser. They were $2.99, overpriced, but is ok for someone wanting to try a Lab Blue blade without buying a larger quantity. Thought this might be of interest.
Just bought some here in Albuquerque 2 weeks ago for $3.19. To me it's hard to tell between these and a Feather or Wizamet. USA made so the WILL be top tier.

I don't mean to rain on your find, but I found these being sold on The Bay a year or so ago and bought several. They don't say Super on the blade and the finish is rougher. I am not convinced that they aren't a lower tier blade, the edge feels harsher to me, but they are very sharp. I just used one last week in a neutral exposure razor and for that, they are great.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
TGBE might have some too. Almost free. Just trade in a few of your other blades for new blades.

I don't mean to rain on your find, but I found these being sold on The Bay a year or so ago and bought several. They don't say Super on the blade and the finish is rougher. I am not convinced that they aren't a lower tier blade, the edge feels harsher to me, but they are very sharp. I just used one last week in a neutral exposure razor and for that, they are great.
Good to know…the only blades made in the USA are the Lab Blues and the Med preps (same blade with extra cleaning v and sterilization). The box shows made by AccoTec Blades in Verona, VA. They apparently are packaged in Mexico. They are stamped with direction arrows for the dispenser. These are Personnas who have reputation for multiple packages and multiple colors…soooooo. I buy mine in 100 blade packs and these seem to be the blade with different markings. Thanks again for the info…

Good to know…the only blades made in the USA are the Lab Blues and the Med preps (same blade with extra cleaning v and sterilization). The box shows made by AccoTec Blades in Verona, VA. They apparently are packaged in Mexico. They are stamped with direction arrows for the dispenser. These are Personnas who have reputation for multiple packages and multiple colors…soooooo. I buy mine in 100 blade packs and these seem to be the blade with different markings. Thanks again for the info…
That would explain the condition of the blade, being packed in Mexico. I imagine the machine that pushes them into the dispensers is leaving the marks so there was no reason to print Super on them since it would be damaged. I guess I need to try them some more because they feel harsher than the Med Preps that I am used to, I know the 100 box advertises that they are some % sharper. Maybe my Med Preps aren't as sharp, which would suit me fine...

I added some of those to an order a few years back. I then ordered a 100 pack of Comfort Coated (aka Lab Blues) blades that arrived about the same time. I haven’t tried any out of the dispenser so I don’t know if they’re the same, or not.

I know that Personna used to have a catalog listing for barber blades that were separate from the lab and medical blades. Not sure if this is still true.

It has taken me awhile, but I am back to admit that I am wrong, these are the same as "Lab Blues." I rarely move a blade from razor to razor, but I did six shaves on one of these and could have gone further. That is the quality that I know of from real Labs. To repeat, I no longer am claiming that these are a cheaper version. In my defence, I hadn't realised that mine were from 2011 and the printing on the blades doesn't look current(because it isn't).

full
full

I still find these blades uncomfortably sharp, unnecessarily so. Not harsh, just an ever present feel from the edge. I prefer more efficient razors now and these blades are not a good pairing for me. They did work well with my Heritage Gibbs replica, an adjustable, but that was the last two shaves on the blade.

Top Bottom