What's new

50's car test

Take this 50's car test and share your score with us:biggrin1:

50's Car Test

All right, lets see how you do.

The average score is 73%

http://www.americantorque.com/game/car-show-50s/

There are 12 sets of cars and questions.
For your answer, you enter a check mark after each car in the set or it won't advance to the next set.
It checks your answers after each set of questions and highlights the correct answers in red.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
42%

in my defense I was born in '84...

and i'm not a car guy...

and my battery is going dead on my mouse...

and its 6am....

75%
I had no problems with differentiating between GM\Ford\Chrysler products but some of the smaller makers I had not seen in many years. Then there was the one with the four different Mopars of the same year was very rough also.
I was born in 56 and can remember a lot of these still on the road in the '60s.

71%. I definitely would have done better with cars from the '60s

That's what I though too, but I took the GM-Only test and did miserably.
The progression of the tailfin and chrome made educated guesses at a lot of the '50s era years possible.
Styling in the 60s was all over the place, and more than once, where the option was four of the same model from sequential years, I ended up getting everything rotated by 1 year... put the '61 as the '64, '62 as '61, etc... or a couple where I got the '62/'63 correct but rolled the '61/'64 pair.

Also IDing between some of the Buick and Olds models was tough.

79%. I was doing pretty good until I hit those Chrysler, Dodge & DeSoto questions. I dug out one of my old books for some brushing up later today.

Attachments

• $carbooks sm.jpg
    $carbooks sm.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I stink at this. The only one I got right was one of the first questions. I was able to identify a 1950 oldmosbile. And that is only cuz the oldsmobile reminded me of the dads car in Christmas Story

Top Bottom