What's new

500N Handle Cup Color Selection

I am in the process of restoring an EverReady 500N brush with Lucite handle and have a thread on this. I have de-knotted and polished the handle. I want to use paint to color the handle cup and @GAW9576 had a great idea.

He gave me a tip about using Testors enamel paint. So I checked the specs of the epoxy I use and it is compatible with Testors enamel paint, I can even use it mixed in the epoxy to dye it!

So the question is what color shall I use to paint the handle cup and or dye the epoxy!!
Colors I'm interested in are: black, yellow, red, maroon & green as they would show through the semi-clear Lucite handle.

Place you suggestion on the one color you think would be the best and I will use Google random number generator to select the color by post number. I don't have any Testors paint so once the color is selected I will order it.
This may be some fun dunno - I'll leave it open until it gets lets say 100 replies.

I already said Maroon would be my pic. But I'll make it official and cast my vote here for Maroon.
Red would be my second choice. I've seen some brushes with the 2 colors and they look amazing. The ones with black cups jist don't stand out as much.

Interesting question.... I have always done my acrylic restorations in black, but maroon sounds very interesting...

Still voting black....

I just looked at an original 500N. The synthetic knot looks awful!

I have done a couple of sockets with plain old black nail polish. Then used Epoxy to set the new knots. Seems to work pretty good and look original?

Here's the brush with just the knot set in the cup.
It still needs to be sanded to make the knot deeper. Not much character without the cup painted.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Burgundy, Burgundy, Burgundy. Oh that's right I already cast my vote. Looks great. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Hummm - only five replies so for, may be a stretch to get to 100.
We'll see what the next week brings....

Ok, there is no interest here I get it.
So consider this post is closed.

Top Bottom