What's new

48 hr Razor rest?

Don't tell my wife it is a myth. I convinced her they need to rest at least a month. I had to justify all the packages showing up. BTW brushes need to rest too. I have not done a scientific study yet but I suspect soaps and strops also need resting. Next I need to convince her gun barrels need resting.

Don't tell my wife it is a myth. I convinced her they need to rest at least a month. I had to justify all the packages showing up. BTW brushes need to rest too. I have not done a scientific study yet but I suspect soaps and strops also need resting. Next I need to convince her gun barrels need resting.
😂😂😂

I also take a 48 hour shave break. This is good for my skin and the blade can recover then it lasts longer.
However, when I shave, it´s already BBS so that I can get through the break.
At the moment I am 92 shaves with the Personna Q-ball !!!

Sincerely, King-Joe

No scientific evidence for blade resting.
My first job after leaving high school was as A meat cutter I used high carbon Steel knives because you could get a better edge on them than stainless. I never had to rest those and I used them for 8 hours a day 5 days a week!

Well, even though there’s no evidence, I went ahead and added a Dovo diamant to go along with my Bismarck. I mean who am I to say what’s right and wrong. 😂

I used to rest my skin for 2 days because of horrible ingrowns even with my DE. I’ve been finding that I have almost no razor burn and my ingrown hairs have almost disappeared since I started shaving with a SR. I’ve even been able to shave every day with minimal irritation. So that justifies adding another razor... in my twisted backass logic.

Well, even though there’s no evidence, I went ahead and added a Dovo diamant to go along with my Bismarck. I mean who am I to say what’s right and wrong. 😂

I used to rest my skin for 2 days because of horrible ingrowns even with my DE. I’ve been finding that I have almost no razor burn and my ingrown hairs have almost disappeared since I started shaving with a SR. I’ve even been able to shave every day with minimal irritation. So that justifies adding another razor... in my twisted backass logic.
Using a pre shave facial scrub irradiated ingrown hairs for me.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets

I couldn't use that strategy. It would go badly for me, I am sure. Sort of like:
ME: I need more guns because the barrels need a rest.
HER: How long of a rest?
ME: a couple of months.
HER: Then just shoot every couple of months. That will save money on ammo, too.
ME: But I can reload my old brass and save even more money. And shoot more black powder. Every day I shoot, I will save more money.
HER: No.

She is already catching on about saving money by straight shaving, and saving money by brewing beer. She shaves her legs with a disposable once a week and a throwaway lasts her about 6 months, so she is not sympathetic about shaving, especially since she actually doesn't mind a beard on me. She also insists that the best way to really save money on beer is to not drink beer. She thinks one gun is enough and so I have too many already. Where do women get those crazy ideas from, anyway? If they ever get the right to vote, it's gonna get crazy, I tell you.

I couldn't use that strategy. It would go badly for me, I am sure. Sort of like:
ME: I need more guns because the barrels need a rest.
HER: How long of a rest?
ME: a couple of months.
HER: Then just shoot every couple of months. That will save money on ammo, too.
ME: But I can reload my old brass and save even more money. And shoot more black powder. Every day I shoot, I will save more money.
HER: No.

She is already catching on about saving money by straight shaving, and saving money by brewing beer. She shaves her legs with a disposable once a week and a throwaway lasts her about 6 months, so she is not sympathetic about shaving, especially since she actually doesn't mind a beard on me. She also insists that the best way to really save money on beer is to not drink beer. She thinks one gun is enough and so I have too many already. Where do women get those crazy ideas from, anyway? If they ever get the right to vote, it's gonna get crazy, I tell you.
My wife said I can only shave with one razor at a time so I didn't need more than one
I countered this argument by getting all 27 pairs of her shoes closet and asking her which pair she wanted to keep as she can only wear one pair at once 🙄

My wife said I can only shave with one razor at a time so I didn't need more than one
I countered this argument by getting all 27 pairs of her shoes closet and asking her which pair she wanted to keep as she can only wear one pair at once 🙄
I did that with my shaving soaps vs her Chanel nail polish, of which she owns close to 100.

I did that with my shaving soaps vs her Chanel nail polish, of which she owns close to 100.
These strategies wouldn't work well for me. I own as many shoes as my wife (at least close to it, and a couple of pairs I have cost more than her collection), and she has 2 or 3 colors of polish and modest makeup collection.
and saving money by brewing beer.
But I am lucky she loves beer as much as I do, and loves my beer best. We really did save money on beer when I was brewing nearly every weekend. I hope to even make money on it as my next career in a few years.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets

That might sound logical to you or me, but believe me it would end badly here at Maison Slash.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
48 Hour Razor Rest?

I know I read somewhere (I don’t remember if it was on this forum or some other website) That you should let a straight razor rest for 48 hours before using it again, lending to the practicality of owning multiple blades. Is there any truth to that?

1578843396857.png

To say money all straight razors must be well rested and have many close acquaintances.

BOSC.2.LogicProfessorBOSC.jpg

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom