What's new

4 rounds in the ring with a Slant

It was with trepidation I grasped my new Slant. Having heard tales ranging from nicks to taking off sheets I was in pursuit of a closer shave, but at what cost?

My usual razor is a Merkur HD, so in grip, weight and feel the Slant was very similar indeed. Having loaded it up with my usual blade of choice, Derby, I whipped up my TOBS Almond ready for 4 passes... If I was still alive!

First pass: No nicks, great shave, closer than my HD
Second pass: As usual, an improvement
Third pass: Still no bleeding, I'm doing well!
Fourth pass: Brilliant, I made it

After the usual tidying of trouble spots I'm please to report that my Slant will be my go-to. The finish was better than my HD (not vastly, but noticably so) but what surprised me was that the closeness seemed to last longer.

Let the RAD continue!

You're absolutely right. I have a new Slant and also use a Derby blade. Best shave I've ever had..... but why didn't you tell me about the Slant 6 months ago before I had purchased 15 other razors?:wink:

As usual, let me say that you will need to wait with your final verdict until you have several shaves with a Slant under your belt. Many gents can't use a Slant several times in a row, some not even twice in a row. See how things go when you use it every day. Hope you'll be doing fine. In that case, the Slant can really be a marvelous instrument.

Good luck!

Best - MM

I had to ease into my slant. Partly because i went to the long handle (bargerpole) right off the bat. It was killing me for the first month. I put it down, went back to my HD, and 'returned to the fundamentals.' The slant worked it's way back into the rotation, and I can now use the slant bi-daily (I only shave every other day) without any problems, and it has given my my best shaves. I like the Sharps blade in it the best so far. Prep proved significantly more important when using the slant.

You're absolutely right. I have a new Slant and also use a Derby blade. Best shave I've ever had..... but why didn't you tell me about the Slant 6 months ago before I had purchased 15 other razors?:wink:[/QUOTE]

See below v

As usual, let me say that you will need to wait with your final verdict until you have several shaves with a Slant under your belt. Many gents can't use a Slant several times in a row, some not even twice in a row. See how things go when you use it every day. Hope you'll be doing fine. In that case, the Slant can really be a marvelous instrument.

Good luck!

Best - MM

I had to ease into my slant. Partly because i went to the long handle (bargerpole) right off the bat. It was killing me for the first month. I put it down, went back to my HD, and 'returned to the fundamentals.' The slant worked it's way back into the rotation, and I can now use the slant bi-daily (I only shave every other day) without any problems, and it has given my my best shaves. I like the Sharps blade in it the best so far. Prep proved significantly more important when using the slant.

That's why!

marty

I had a similar experience. First shave went great. I've been using my slant every day with no problems at all. And I too wish I had gotten a slant before my fit of RAD. Coulda saved some cash. :biggrin:

Dave

I had a similar experience. First shave went great. I've been using my slant every day with no problems at all. And I too wish I had gotten a slant before my fit of RAD. Coulda saved some cash. :biggrin:

Dave

I'm sure you could find someone here on B&B willing to take some of those spare razors off your hands. :wink:

Top Bottom