What's new

3D printed double edge safety razor

I used to carry on a merkur Bakelite 45 razor. They never knew that was there.
Have you ever had an issue with tsa and a metal safety razor? I thought for sure I would be stopped to at least have them check and see if there was a blade, but I've never been stopped or had my bag searched because of a safety razor.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Have you ever had an issue with tsa and a metal safety razor? I thought for sure I would be stopped to at least have them check and see if there was a blade, but I've never been stopped or had my bag searched because of a safety razor.
I have not tried to carry on a metal safety razor on purpose. However, I did accidentally leave a tuck of DE blades in my carry on at least twice that I know of. And never had them find them. I also accidentally left a full size folding knife in my carry on at least twice and didnt find them until I got to my destination. So maybe they dont do such a thorough job.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
So I gave the HC 3D Printed Razor a shot today. It was really easy to put together with the blade. I did not use any weights in the handle. It felt fine the way it is balance wise. I have used a number of Bakelite razors in the past, so this was no different from a handling perspective. I have some constructive feedback on the shave, which i will send to the designer in a private message. But so far so good.

2020-09-06 14.41.44.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
The designer sent me a new top cap model to test. Summer Break soap sample. Wolf Whiskers brush. 3D printed razor head design ver. 3. This one shaved really well. The baseplate has a lot of added blade support out to edge of the top cap, and it improved the shave dramatically. Silky smooth. Topped it off with some Lidl balm and splash combo. The blade had a ton of chatter on the first version. This one was quite solid. Excellent work @bicapitate !

69DBC9D7-AD84-4B66-AF9C-0C12704D7671.jpeg

Top Bottom