What's new

3" Wide Hones

Sharpening supply's has a Hard Black Ark 11.5" X 2 1/2" X 1/2" for $129.99. I suspect they are from Dan's and are replacement stones for Norton IM313's. They also have a stone holder that will fit them.

I just resurfaced 2 old family heirloom washita stones. One my Grandfather taught me how to hone his razor on when I was 12 years old. They are both 2" stones, and served to hone around 150 years of razors and wood plane blades.

2 & 2 1/2" stones seem to be prevalent & do a perfectly fine job, given knowledge & a little expertise from bygone ages.

I just resurfaced 2 old family heirloom washita stones. One my Grandfather taught me how to hone his razor on when I was 12 years old. They are both 2" stones, and served to hone around 150 years of razors and wood plane blades.

2 & 2 1/2" stones seem to be prevalent & do a perfectly fine job, given knowledge & a little expertise from bygone ages.

I always thought that Washita stones were the softest, least dense and coarsest of the novaculite stones mined in Arkansas. Thus, I always figured that they were better suited to honing knives than razors. However, I can see they might be good for bevel stetting. What are the characteristics of your stone?

I have a 2" Dan's hard black Arkansas stone that will put a fine edge on a razor as long as I have the patience to use it.

Top Bottom