What's new

2018 NFL draft

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Baker Mayfield goes #1 to the Browns. Do Cleveland fans even care?

The big story- running back Saquon Ouch goes to the New York Giants.

Third pick goes to my beloved Jets. It doesn't matter who they picked. It will prove to be the wrong choice.

How did your teams do?

I'm pretty happy that the Broncos got Bradley Chubb. That's what I was hoping for but didn't seem a sure thing that he'd be there at 5. We'll see how the rest of the draft goes.

Go Bears!! Please god can we have a good season!?!?
The Bears are on the way up, I think. It's gonna be a slugfest for the NFC North crown the next few years! (Vikes fan here -- they took a good corner in the first round, but they really need to find some help for the o-line in the next rounds.)

Still follow the Browns as I grew up there. So they'll always be my team even though it's been a rough go for a really, really long time.

I don't mind the Baker Mayfield thing though I thought the Browns could have easily gotten him at four. So Barkley at one and Mayfield at four would have been better. If they were set on a quarterback at one I thought the pick would have been Josh Allen. Josh Rosen is likely the most NFL ready but with two concussions in the past year and a father who's a neurosurgeon (I pretty sure he's a neurosurgeon but I know for sure he's a doctor) I worry that he's one concussion away from taking the guaranteed money and walking away from football. We'll see as he's in Arizona now playing for my new home team. Still, when they picked at four and Chubb was there I thought that would have been a good pick. Then they they took Ward instead. I like that he's an Ohio State guy and if they were dead set on a corner then that pick works, maybe just a little higher than I thought he would be picked at four so they likely could have easily traded down and still got him or one of the other top corners.

So I guess we wait and see. The problem is that every year they never pick who I think they should so I wonder if they know something that I don't. Looking back on the previous drafts I'm not convinced at all that they do. The players I've wanted them to pick have turned out to be Pro Bowl players and the ones they've picked are all gone.

Having the number one and number four picks I thought that they couldn't possibly screw this up, but instead of taking the sure thing best players they decided to take a more risky pick and another player a bit too high.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Still follow the Browns as I grew up there. So they'll always be my team even though it's been a rough go for a really, really long time.

I don't mind the Baker Mayfield thing though I thought the Browns could have easily gotten him at four. So Barkley at one and Mayfield at four would have been better. If they were set on a quarterback at one I thought the pick would have been Josh Allen. Josh Rosen is likely the most NFL ready but with two concussions in the past year and a father who's a neurosurgeon (I pretty sure he's a neurosurgeon but I know for sure he's a doctor) I worry that he's one concussion away from taking the guaranteed money and walking away from football. We'll see as he's in Arizona now playing for my new home team. Still, when they picked at four and Chubb was there I thought that would have been a good pick. Then they they took Ward instead. I like that he's an Ohio State guy and if they were dead set on a corner then that pick works, maybe just a little higher than I thought he would be picked at four so they likely could have easily traded down and still got him or one of the other top corners.

So I guess we wait and see. The problem is that every year they never pick who I think they should so I wonder if they know something that I don't. Looking back on the previous drafts I'm not convinced at all that they do. The players I've wanted them to pick have turned out to be Pro Bowl players and the ones they've picked are all gone.

Having the number one and number four picks I thought that they couldn't possibly screw this up, but instead of taking the sure thing best players they decided to take a more risky pick and another player a bit too high.
Excellent analysis. I agree they should have grabbed Jayquan Ouchley at number one, followed by a QB at number 4. There were several quality quarterbacks in this draft, and I could give you my personal guarantee that the Giants and the Jets would have both selected the wrong ones, giving Cleveland a better one-two punch.

Excellent analysis. I agree they should have grabbed Jayquan Ouchley at number one, followed by a QB at number 4. There were several quality quarterbacks in this draft, and I could give you my personal guarantee that the Giants and the Jets would have both selected the wrong ones, giving Cleveland a better one-two punch.
The Browns did the Brownsiest thing ever. Have 2 picks in the top 5 and managed to pick two players who weren't consensus top 5 players.
And don't forget the Bills. They traded two 2nd round picks to move up 5 spots to pick a QB who can't read defenses.

Eagles predictably traded out 1st.
But they can afford to because...............EAGLES ARE SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS.

:)

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I have no complaints with what my New York Football Giants have done with their two picks. Added a new dimension to the offense with Barkley as well as some muscle on the O-line. Hopefully, they will pick up another Guard/Tackle as well as a LB in the 3rd round.

I thought the Giants screwed it up. Who takes a running back with a 37 year old quarterback on the roster in a year with the deepest QB draft class in a generation? Oh, yeah the Giants.

I don't really have a favorite team, but thought that was kind of bone-headed. Maybe more so than Cleveland taking Ward instead of Chubb or Mayfield instead of someone more polished.

Thought the Broncos drafted well. Would've been nice to bolster the offensive which higher picks sure the OL has been an issue for some time. But the picks look solid to me.

Glad the Broncos hung in there for Chubb. Apparently the Bills offered to trade their #12 and #22 picks in the first round, along with one of their second-round picks for Denver's #5 pick. Had to be tempting.

Top Bottom