What's new

2015 Formula 1 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh . . . and anyone betting against Rosberg in Monaco is likely the one putting sugar in his gas tank. Barring mechanical failure, or shunt not caused by him, the race is Nico's to lose.

If Haas puts as much effort into their F-1 Team as they do for NASCAR, then I think they will be successful very quickly. I think it would not be outlandish to expect points on fairly regular basis in 2017, and a podium in 2018. Will they challenge for either of the titles? Not for several years, at least. But I do think they will be able to be competitive much quicker than anyone gives them credit.

I agree with this. As I said, they'll be better than Marussia, if Marussia still exists, and may even steal a point in 2016. It'll only get better from there. They're well financed, and the folks there know the racing game.

Agreed on all points, should be very interesting once the US enters the fray. Would be interesting if Gordon, Rayhal and I would assume Letterman may throw some money at it as well.. Letterman has been itching to get into F1 in some way shape or form, now that he is retiring who knows. Will also be interesting to see who they start looking at as drivers

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
F1 is very different from NASCAR. Twelve second vs. two second pit stops, tire strategies, standing starts, advanced aerodynamics- it's barely the same sport.

True, like comparing a bi-plane to an F-16. I think Haas will tap into the open wheel guys here, and most assuredly he has formed, or bought some F1 braintrusts to help him along the way Maybe Renault and Redbull LOL:laugh:

F1 is very different from NASCAR. Twelve second vs. two second pit stops, tire strategies, standing starts, advanced aerodynamics- it's barely the same sport.

True, like comparing a bi-plane to an F-16. I think Haas will tap into the open wheel guys here, and most assuredly he has formed, or bought some F1 braintrusts to help him along the way Maybe Renault and Redbull LOL:laugh:

EXACTLY. While there are huge differences between F1 and NASCAR, the basic premise of hiring quality staff and letting them do their thing is universal. Haas has proven in NASCAR that he will spend the money on the people he needs in positions of importance. Those sorts of principles translate easily. Haas may not know his DRS from his KERS, but he knows enough to hire the people who do. Hell, it would not surprise me if he opened up the vault to hire Adrian Newey.

ouch

EXACTLY. While there are huge differences between F1 and NASCAR, the basic premise of hiring quality staff and letting them do their thing is universal. Haas has proven in NASCAR that he will spend the money on the people he needs in positions of importance. Those sorts of principles translate easily. Haas may not know his DRS from his KERS, but he knows enough to hire the people who do. Hell, it would not surprise me if he opened up the vault to hire Adrian Newey.

I would love to see my company's name on an F1 car full time, as opposed to only at the USGP at COTA. We drop an ungodly amount on the Indycar series, and I'd much prefer an association with F1.

We had a chance to get a F-1 race here, but with a 10,000,000 price tag to the city, just for them to look at it., looks like new track will be used for Moto GP and some other racing, would have been nice to have two F1 stops in the US, but having MotoGP and some other open wheel and SCCA events will be nice and long overdo

ouch

We had a chance to get a F-1 race here, but with a 10,000,000 price tag to the city, just for them to look at it., looks like new track will be used for Moto GP and some other racing, would have been nice to have two F1 stops in the US, but having MotoGP and some other open wheel and SCCA events will be nice and long overdo

It's a tough gig to land. NJ was on the short list (and even penciled in for a while), but no- I would have had too much fun.

It's a tough gig to land. NJ was on the short list (and even penciled in for a while), but no- I would have had too much fun.

I was disappointed, but not at all surprised. There was basically zero work done on the roads that were to be used for the GP.

I am still holding on to some hope that the NJ race actually happens...I saw some pics from the proposed route - the Manhattan skyline in the race footage would be phenomenal.

Probably about the same distance as Montreal, but my Joisy is better than my French.

ouch

I am still holding on to some hope that the NJ race actually happens...I saw some pics from the proposed route - the Manhattan skyline in the race footage would be phenomenal.

I guess that until they sort all of that out, my course record stands.

It amazes me that Pima County and Tucson are going to drop a Ton of cash on the new purpose built track that initially was designed for this type of event, but then gets cold feet when they have to pony up earnest money, even though they promoted it and the voters were all for a tax hike to pay for it. hopefully we will even get the track at this point. It was supposed to have a 1 mile oval a smaller road course and the larger road course for the big boys. oh well, and we wonder why Family Guy and the other cartoons make fun of us LOL

Nascar has become a joke. All of their Bovine Excrement, No need to get started. I wish I could find a Schedule for Indy car and Formula one racing. All the local news stations think the the sun rises and sets in "Jimmie Johnson" I will not voice my disgust with him or Nascar here.

IMHO I appreciate all racing, NASCAR, Drag, GP1, if it has engine and wheels I like it, but 1st choice will always be F1, followed by Lemans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom