What's new

2 questions about shaving creams

I see.. then I'll tape them to the underside of the third park bench on the first left turn of the path that goes by Jim Morrison's grave in the Pere Lachaise Cemetery in Paris on the second full moon in October.
Be there or Be square! :detective:

:lol: Interestingly, just a while ago, i discovered an online store in another country, that has various hard soaps, that are 1) either impossible to find here or 2) cost a lot more. Including DR Harris at much better price. I think after some months, i will prepare a big order from them, just because if i have to make international purchase, i may as well do it once and for good. And they have a lot of stuff to choose from.

Don't worry too much about Williams. I consider myself already too spoiled with the number of creams i have, plus, i can find Haslinger soaps at good to very good prices and same goes for all eurosticks (problem is, i am not sure i will like grating them, hence why i have only 1, for trial) and for big weight italian bricks (Cella, Vitos, 3P). But, since i already have a big reserve, i am more interested in hard soaps now, rather than buying a kg of Cella that by itself can last God knows how much. So, at the end, i have ample variety at very good prices and i just want to shave, not make perfume selection of 25 EUR soaps. Even when i will buy more expensive soaps, i will have for example a rotation of 2 cheap creams and 1 hard soap. I don't want to fall into the trap of starting the scent-hunting and ending up with 200 soaps at 25 EUR each. I am interested in a shaving soap primarily, not a shaving perfume. If i want a perfume, there are better ways to spend 25 EUR for scent than buying soap.

:lol: Interestingly, just a while ago, i discovered an online store in another country, that has various hard soaps, that are 1) either impossible to find here.................Don't worry too much about Williams.

No Worries.. I've got to stop in and chat with Jim anyway....:angel:

And... please share the link of said online store.. we all need to find places to spend more money on things we don't really need...:happybday:

No Worries.. I've got to stop in and chat with Jim anyway....:angel:

And... please share the link of said online store.. we all need to find places to spend more money on things we don't really need...:happybday:

Errr, another member warned me, that i was probably violating the terms when i linked to a shop and after reading the terms i threw the towel trying to understand what is allowed and what not and so i simply decided that the easiest thing is not linking anything anymore. At any case, the shop is listed also in this forum's vendor list... So, for the older members it shouldn't be a revelation.

Not to mention, that from what i gathered, hard soaps cost much more than creams. For instance, the famous "Williams" shaving soap, which i suspect that in USA is the most mundane hard soap, where i am i have only located it in one place, at 45 EUR for 3x1,75 oz pack.

15 EUR per puck? OUCH! Unless it's a vintage puck. Does it list the weight in grams? The modern Williams does not.

At my local grocery store Williams sells for $0.99 USD or about 0.94 EUR per puck.

15 EUR per puck? OUCH! Unless it's a vintage puck. Does it list the weight in grams? The modern Williams does not.

At my local grocery store Williams sells for $0.99 USD or about 0.94 EUR per puck.

They are normal modern pucks and they list the weight in oz. It's normal. You pay for the exclusivity, since only one store has it. It's like this for many things. They think "some crazy hobbyist might buy it and soap doesn't go bad".

Top Bottom