What's new

1956 Serial Toggle Nickel Plated

I have requested photos. There is a very small outlier chance that a person knowledgeable about rare Gillettes could be perpetrating some sort of elaborate hoax. I don't think so and the heir has promised photos. With the "fake news" today you just have to be careful, but I wanted to break it as soon as possible.
Very cool, look forward to where this is going!
tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

Last communication was 5/1. No newer updates yet. My BS detector is on yellow alert. But, this news is so juicy, I'm going to give the guy a lot of rope.

Hi,

If you'd like to test your BS detector, I can follow Hamburger (our bull) around with a shovel and a plastic lined shipping box..... :p

Stan

Hi,

If you'd like to test your BS detector, I can follow Hamburger (our bull) around with a shovel and a plastic lined shipping box..... :p

Stan

As a teenager I once spent the day shoveling the manure out of a cattle stall for one of my Father's friends. It was like 2 or 3 feet deep. My BS detector works just fine! :001_302:

Just had some work done on my Nickel Serial Toggle #3805. Of course @Captain Murphy did it. And, an excellent piece of master work it was too. An internal part had to be fabricated by hand. Also the original restoration which was as per my instructions turned out to be erroneous. Here is the hand fabricated part and how the razor looks now with the correct restoration:

IMG_7943.jpg
NT-A.JPG
NT-B.JPG
NT-C.JPG

Beautiful Toggle and great thread. Subscribed. Drooling over the possibility of a "stack" of 'em. However the bad part about stash discoveries is that rarity is blown away by availability.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Just had some work done on my Nickel Serial Toggle #3805. Of course @Captain Murphy did it. And, an excellent piece of master work it was too. An internal part had to be fabricated by hand. Also the original restoration which was as per my instructions turned out to be erroneous. Here is the hand fabricated part and how the razor looks now with the correct restoration:

View attachment 806899 View attachment 806900 View attachment 806901 View attachment 806902
Beautiful, Glenn! Now where's that stash of toggles??? Just kidding. Hehe

Beautiful, Glenn! Now where's that stash of toggles??? Just kidding. Hehe

Either, he sold it all to a private collector in Europe as he said he might (which I highly doubt) or the whole story was an elaborate fabrication just to pull my leg (my opinion of people is too many are just nuts.) But, bottom line: no NOS razors surfaced and the market didn't crash because of the excess supply. Life goes on.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Either, he sold it all to a private collector in Europe as he said he might (which I highly doubt) or the whole story was an elaborate fabrication just to pull my leg (my opinion of people is too many are just nuts.) But, bottom line: no NOS razors surfaced and the market didn't crash because of the excess supply. Life goes on.
That's a bummer, but I agree with you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

We shall see if any of these vaporware razors appear once a year or so. After all, companies like De Beers have tons of diamonds, they rathole them in vaults to keep the market stable. Same could happen with these (if they exist).

sorry to hear that Glen

Hi,

Just last week, I dug up a box of Toggles here....Toggle Switches, that is....and thought about this. So, I dug up this thread which hadn't been updated since May. So, I figured nothing had come about.

I would have liked to have been wrong about it, though.

Nice work by The Captain there. He has progressed to making parts now. That is how it goes. I have been messimge with restoring antique farm equipment for many years and have fabricated many an Unobtainium part. ;)

Stan

Top Bottom