What's new

1912 Review :o)

Wow is what i will start with, What a simple little Razor and shaves better then Any Modern Made Plastic Gillette Disposable "Dead Serious" This has to be one of the Sweetest SE Razor shaves ever, This is one Efficient little guy, Smooth like butter, No Nicks or Cuts :001_smile Just Glides across the Face as if it was designed to ? I have used this Gem 1912 a few times now and it has not let me down at all, I shaved today with a 4Th time used Stainless Steel Blade that i got from the group buy on here about a Month or so ago. and 2 pass WTG/ATG "Lightly" BBS all the way.

Simply Built, Easy and Cheap to get on EBay, This is one Razor I would Definitely Take with me when i travel, That is why Yesterday when i saw Someone selling and Cased GEM 1912/1924 lined handle + GEM Damaskeene head since it fits on the handle for $20 i jumped on it. I will be Removing the Blade Case and the 1924 and just Travel with Both Heads 1912 Damaskeene & 1914 and 1 Lined handle, This will be my Perfect Travel SE Set.. I am having some Serious Fun with these SE's I know the Solid Thicker Gem Blades and the Angle of these SE's have something to do with the Fantastic Irritation BBS Shaves i'm getting..

Doe's anyone know of any blade that is made as thick as the GEM Blades for SE Razors? I would like to see if i can achieve the same Shaves i get with an SE ? Or maybe someone has done this already ?

Attachments

• $Gem 1912-1914.jpg
    $Gem 1912-1914.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Your review is spot on. I've been getting rid of my DE razors since I purchased a ER 1912. Very smooth shaves with no irritation. Much better than any of the DE's I've tried. The thicker blade is definitely the reason, I believe.

Regarding your last question, do you mean a thicker blade for "DE" razors? From my (limited) experience, none of the DE blades I've seen are nearly as thick as SE blades. I think this is what makes SE razors so much better, although I'm biased.

Your review is spot on. I've been getting rid of my DE razors since I purchased a ER 1912. Very smooth shaves with no irritation. Much better than any of the DE's I've tried. The thicker blade is definitely the reason, I believe.

Regarding your last question, do you mean a thicker blade for "DE" razors? From my (limited) experience, none of the DE blades I've seen are nearly as thick as SE blades. I think this is what makes SE razors so much better, although I'm biased.

Glad you agree Buddy :eek:) and yes i was talking about a Thick Double Edge Blade "Like The Gem" For my DE Razor, it wouold be awesome to find one so i can try it on the DE Razor. Im Convinced its the thicker that have "Zero" flexability That make these SE Razors so efficient with Extremley light to Zero Irritation and give you a True BBS every shave? I woulder if i contact Gem Razor Blade Manufacturer and see if there willing to creat a few for Demo? It would be great if it could be done :eek:)

once you fall in love with a gem 1912, perhaps a damaskeene, or possibly the 1914 ER, or heaven forbid the streamline.......... you forget what DE means altogether.

Great review, Are you still loving the Streamline or 1912 Gem?
Well it Depends, For Everyday or Every other day Shaving 1912 and 1914 are excellent, But for a 3-5 day beard growth The Streamline is The SE for the Job :eek:) That's because its more aggressive ;o)

Top Bottom