What's new

100% Pure Kona Coffee

I get all of my coffee green from Sweet Maria's. They do sell roasted coffee too. If you are in Seattle there are some
great roasters in your backyard. Zoka and Victrola come to mind.

Funny, although I live in the Seattle/Tacoma area, I never really thought to look for coffees other than what's so readily-available here (Starbucks). Never really thought I could source high quality coffee from other regions of the world from this area (blonde moment).

I toured a couple of plantations when I was on vacation in Kona this past May. The coffee was good, but it's really hyped up. I didn't notice anything besides the coffee being a bit cleaner than other regions. I think I appreciated the coffee in Ka'u a little bit more. There's also Hilo Coffee Mill on the other side of the island; apparently they do a lot of roasting for the small farmers on the Big Island. Kauai also grows a little coffee but again, I didn't find it all that exciting.

I have had exactly one coffee grown on Molokai, and it was out of this world. It's on my list to visit the island and find the source.

Funny, although I live in the Seattle/Tacoma area, I never really thought to look for coffees other than what's so readily-available here (Starbucks). Never really thought I could source high quality coffee from other regions of the world from this area (blonde moment).

Also do take a chance on Seattle Coffee Works if you're around 1st and Pike, and any shop that sells 49th Parallel out of Vancouver BC.

I toured a couple of plantations when I was on vacation in Kona this past May. The coffee was good, but it's really hyped up. I didn't notice anything besides the coffee being a bit cleaner than other regions. I think I appreciated the coffee in Ka'u a little bit more. There's also Hilo Coffee Mill on the other side of the island; apparently they do a lot of roasting for the small farmers on the Big Island. Kauai also grows a little coffee but again, I didn't find it all that exciting.

I have had exactly one coffee grown on Molokai, and it was out of this world. It's on my list to visit the island and find the source.

Also do take a chance on Seattle Coffee Works if you're around 1st and Pike, and any shop that sells 49th Parallel out of Vancouver BC.

Great info. Thank you!

Top Bottom