What's new

100 Indian Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum for $7

Found this at my local Indian grocery in a reusable tin total 100 blades. Trinethra Indian Supermarket. Sancus Blvd, Columbus, OH.
s-l1600.jpg

Nice blades from what I hear and better than the St Petersburg blacks. Great price too.

St. Petersburg blacks? There was never such an animal. There was a Russian 7 O'Clock Super Platinum in a BLUE pckg. that was discontinued, but purportedly lives on as the Silver Blue.

I was thinking of the Gillette Rubie made in St Petersburg. The Gillette Platinum may be the replacement to the Russian Super Platinum. The Gillete Silver Blue is my favourite blade.

I was thinking of the Gillette Rubie made in St Petersburg. The Gillette Platinum may be the replacement to the Russian Super Platinum. The Gillete Silver Blue is my favourite blade.

According to Mischka, an occasional poster here and who many believe is a Gillette "insider", the Silver Blue is merely the discod. 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (Blue pckg. made in Russia) in a new guise, i.e., the exact same blade. The Platinum and the Rubie are different blades altogether.

That’s a great price for the 7 o’clock black.

I have some of the blue 7 o’clock Super Platinum from St. Pete’s and they are great blades.
I don’t find them similar to the GSB which are also great blades.

I may have to do an A to B comparison between the two since it’s been a while.

It would be interesting to see a blade war between the two.

If I recall the last blade war between the black and blue the black won.

Would like to see a GSB vs 7 o’clock blue, as well as the Derby Premium vs Dorco Platinum since both have been getting good reviews from manufacturers known to make mild blades nor the best quality, these new ones are suppose to be their best blades relatively speaking.

Great blades at a great price! I went into three Indian grocers last year and struck out. Nada - no wet shaving gear at all. You did extremely well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom