What's new

Vinturi Wine Aerator

Item Description

I'm not a gadget guy by any means and I'm really not a wine gadget guy. I was introduced to the Vinturi by my local wine merchant who is more old school than Moses when it comes to the grape in all its forms. He was utterly sold on this little item and had me doing A/B comparisons for an hour or so in his shop a couple of weeks ago. I was immediatley sold -- though continued the lengthy A/Bing purely for appearances:lol: -- and gladly dropped the $40 retail for it. Essentially, it works on the Bernoulli Principle which, I am told, is what keep airplanes in the air. Not that that matters for us wine drinkers. What matters is this: Everyone knows that as air works its magic on red wines the last glass of wine in every bottle tastes better than the first...it's aeration in action. As you poor wine trough the Vinturi, it forcibly aerates your wine, one glass at a time, so your first glass tastes more like the last one. As someone who drinks mostly younger wines, I found the difference to be very clear and pretty compelling.

Personally, I though the $40 was a good deal to make my young and harsh wines much more deep and relaxed.

Cheers,
Chris

Latest reviews

This is a must have wine gadget. Do yourself a favor and pick one up!:thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Value
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Durability
4.00 star(s)
xa_sc_review_field_title.fit_&_finish
4.00 star(s)
Nothing much new to add here, but as someone who will try nearly any red as long as it's cheap, I think it is well worth it. It makes a $3 bottle taste like 9 or even 10 bucks! :laugh:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Value
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
5.00 star(s)
Like most who commented above, I received one as a gift about a year ago and was extremely skeptical being someone who religiously decanted every bottle of red for at least 45 minutes. I am totally hooked, I can not tell the difference between a glass left to breathe for an hour and a glass opened and poured through this device. It's especially handy at parties where you don't always have time to let every bottle breathe without fear of starting a riot. The rubber stand and felt storage/travel bag are a nice touch as well.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Value
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
3.00 star(s)
4.00 star(s)