What's new

Utility Soap

Item Description

This $5 golden brown soap has a scent that reminds me of Irisch Moos. As a multi purpose soap, it works great in the shower as a shampoo bar and body soap.

However, using it as a traditional lather building shave soap, results were not as good. In my pre B&B days I would rub a bar of soap on my face while showering and shave blind with a disposable. Using this soap in that method works fine.

I tried to mix up some lather using a scuttle, but the results were abysmal. Face Lathering was somewhat better, but the lather dissipated quickly.

I found the soap slick, but provided little cushion. The scent, however, was very nice. After the shave, my face felt very nice, not dry or irritated even though the soap provided little cushioning.

Latest reviews

Pros: price and scent are favorable
Cons: slickness for shaving is not good
As MikeH said, this soap is great for bathing however, its lack of glycerin or tallow make this a poor soap for shaving.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Amazing Fragrance, Moisturizing, Fairly Organic Ingredients
Cons: A bit light on lather, but still worth the purchase
First of all, this product has the BEST SCENT of many I have tried. It smells mostly like sandalwood, with a few other scents as well. This soap is a great product because I am also able to use it as face wash regardless of whether I shave or not. The price is unbeatable ($5) and the scent is great. The lather could use some work, but with a proper amount of massaging with brush or even fingers, it is a fairly good lather for the price. I truly enjoy this and always have a bar in my set.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Great scent
Cons: extremely subpar shave lather
This is a great shower/shampoo bar, and like another reviewer said, if you are an in the shower shaver with a cartridge razor, I can see how it would work, maybe even great.

As a shave soap trying to build a lather with a brush this soap falls completely short of that goal. After many tries with different methods I gave up using it for a shave soap. I will continue to buy it for a shower/shampoo bar, however. It is excellent for that.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
0.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)