What's new

Utility Soap

Pros: price and scent are favorable
Cons: slickness for shaving is not good
As MikeH said, this soap is great for bathing however, its lack of glycerin or tallow make this a poor soap for shaving.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Amazing Fragrance, Moisturizing, Fairly Organic Ingredients
Cons: A bit light on lather, but still worth the purchase
First of all, this product has the BEST SCENT of many I have tried. It smells mostly like sandalwood, with a few other scents as well. This soap is a great product because I am also able to use it as face wash regardless of whether I shave or not. The price is unbeatable ($5) and the scent is great. The lather could use some work, but with a proper amount of massaging with brush or even fingers, it is a fairly good lather for the price. I truly enjoy this and always have a bar in my set.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Great scent
Cons: extremely subpar shave lather
This is a great shower/shampoo bar, and like another reviewer said, if you are an in the shower shaver with a cartridge razor, I can see how it would work, maybe even great.

As a shave soap trying to build a lather with a brush this soap falls completely short of that goal. After many tries with different methods I gave up using it for a shave soap. I will continue to buy it for a shower/shampoo bar, however. It is excellent for that.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
0.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Great scent, very miosturizing
Cons: Poor lather
I really enjoyed the scent, but I had difficulty lathering this soap.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)