What's new

Tryphon American Spices

Item Description

The baby quote was from my wife, who occasionally likes to select my soap or cream. This time she picked out the Tryphon, which has sat unused since I got it as part of a package deal on the BST so I can't comment on the price. She described the smell as above: I didn't get it, the smell for me was nondescript. I lathered up as I would any soap (splot of water on top for 2 mins, then brush straight into pot, then face lather), and I was disappointed with the lather - quite thin. The shave was OK, but certainly not great, and nowhere near as good as when I shave with Tabac, C&E Sandalwood, or one of the QED soaps.

I could not recommend this, and would hesitate about giving it away to a noob in case I put them off shaving.

Latest reviews

...and would hesitate about giving it away to a noob in case I put them off shaving.

youch! :blushing:
The baby quote was from my wife, who occasionally likes to select my soap or cream. This time she picked out the Tryphon, which has sat unused since I got it as part of a package deal on the BST so I can't comment on the price. She described the smell as above: I didn't get it, the smell for me was nondescript. I lathered up as I would any soap (splot of water on top for 2 mins, then brush straight into pot, then face lather), and I was disappointed with the lather - quite thin. The shave was OK, but certainly not great, and nowhere near as good as when I shave with Tabac, C&E Sandalwood, or one of the QED soaps.

I could not recommend this, and would hesitate about giving it away to a noob in case I put them off shaving.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)