What's new

Zirh Clean Facewash

Item Description

It looks like this stuff is made in the US, so not sure why no-one from over there has reviewed it - it's great! You can't miss it on a shop shelf, its aluminium casing shouts quality. The only downside is the price (£14) and the fact that while the bottle looks good it's pretty poor at dispensing the product; when you're getting towards the end and have it upside down to get the last out you often end up with too much. On their website it warns you about how thick it is! Minor details though.

The product itself is pleasingly thick, and smells very pleasant - I'm not too good on smells but there is a definite minty undertone to it. It lathers up on the face well, and takes a while to wash off - perfect for getting lots of hot water on the face before a shave. I do use it in rotation with another face wash (usually Anthony's Glycolic one) as it is a touch heavy to use every day.

Key ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Linalool, Malic Acid, Peppermint Extract, Salicylic Acid

Latest reviews

This stuff is HARSH. I tried this stuff when I was in my teens (when my skin was oilier) and it left my face incredibly dry. Unless your face is an oil slick, there are much more effective, gentler, face washes out there.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
i loved the smell and everything else but it would make me BREAK OUT!!!!!
i used it in the shower before my shave and it would make my skin nice and soft but it would make me break out. strange since i did not have that problem in over 12-15 years. for that one reason it is a no go for me
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
I'm not sure why this has gotten so little attention.
It is a standard part of my preshave prep.
It has alpha hydroxy components in it so it is slightly acidic but if you have oily skin it works extremely well.
It has a very pleasant citrus fragrance that I really enjoy.
It is fairly expensive upfront(20 Bux) but a little goes a loooong way.
I easily get 6 months of use out of a bottle.
The only complaint I have is that it almost has the consistency of a thick syrup.
It comes out slowly so you have to lay it on its side for a min or so before you use it.
Highly recommended!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing