What's new

Trumpers Coconut

The best of the sampler pack by a mile. Delicious, authentic, scrumptious coconut aroma that lasts and lasts. Easy to lather, goes on nice and thick, and is pretty slick and moisturizing. A dab makes tons of lather. A keeper.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This cream is just ok in my opinion. I dont think its any better then TOBS and it cost twice as much. Scent wasn't that great. Smells like tanning lotion.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
:biggrin:I rated price as an 8 in an attempt to increase the average rating of this cream, (even tho I wished it were less expensive).
Quality has got to be at the top of the trumper line, no heavy tint to the cream like there violet which by the way is not one there better efforts!
Scent-lite, enjoyable, then gone
Does it lather, do cows moo or bears poop in the woods?:lol:
Moisturizing; I have such sensitive skin i have had to alternate cream days with soap for the last 30 years, (or more). I'll use Tabac one day and a cream the next. I could safely say this cream is an exception to that rule, better than TOB avocado which is my second favorite cream tied with castle's Lavender.
Packageing: excellent. the tubs inner plastic liner is very functionable, I've had a tub of violet over 3 years and its the same consistancy as the day it was bought.
Overall the only thing that could improve this cream would be a bit stronger scent, everything else is perfect. (Just one man's opinion)! Try it!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
GFT's Coconut Oil has become my favorite cream. While I like a lot of other creams, I find myself comparing them to the Coconut Oil and asking myself if XYZ cream is better.

Quite often I find that the answer is no, and Trumper's Coconut Oil remains the king of the hill!

We have extremely hard water, and getting most creams to lather the way I like them can be a tricky proposition. Not with this cream. A dab on the brush and a little water and it explodes in lather! Easily one of my better (maybe the best) lathering creams.

I always feel good after using it; a combination of a wonderful, relaxing scent and a super comfortable shave with great moisturizing properties are what do it for me.

The tub it comes in is okay - functional but not fancy - and I wish that it cost a little less. That being said, it's one cream that will always have a place in my shaving den.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
What can I say about that shaving soap? Not much, no complaints. It will be in my rotation. I will get the soap because I prefer soaps. However, this cream is amazing, I expect the soap to work the same.

The cream always leave me with a nice, fresh, shaved feeling. What worried me the most before getting it was the scent. Nothing to worry about, it's not intrusive but it smells. This cream doesn't smell like fake/imitation or a chemical smell. It smells like real coconut, it's awesome! I really recommend it for someone who likes coconut.

A bit pricey but I am buying again!!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
What an indulgence! A bit pricey but well worth it. If you are looking for a very luscious and moisturizing cream, it is hard to find a superior cream to this one. It would be nice if the scent were a little stronger, but the subtlety is also a plus.

Moisturizing is the result of the coconut oil and the lathering and glide is just what every DE shaver is looking for.

Heartily recommended.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I picked up this cream off of BST recently and its one of my new top choices. I agree with BigRich that it reminds me more of a pina colada scent than suntan lotion, but either way its not long lasting scent. Due to that fact, it blends very nicely with many aftershaves, especially something with lime-citrus or even something like Bay Rum or Royall Spyce. Its a very moisturizing cream, and the coconut oil is very soothing for sensitive skin.

This will definitely be one of my favorites, along with Trumper's Almond. The price is par for the premium British creams, but if you can spring it its worth it. Check out for better deals/trades on BST if money is tight.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is the third Trumper's cream I've tried that irritates my skin. Like the others, the irritation wasn't immediate, but the stinging happened after lathering up for the 2nd pass. I didn't even attempt a proper 3rd pass with this cream because it started to burn on my upper lip. It shaves okay, I guess, about as well as any other Trumper's cream probably.

It may be slightly more moisturizing than the Rose or Sandalwood cream but this stuff is certainly not off the charts in that department. The scent is fairly strong, which I think is the problem with Trumper's creams. For whatever reason they give the soaps a much more subtle scent than the creams. The smell is basically a cross between shredded,sweetened coconut ground into a blender with suntan lotion. Not horrible, but not my thing either.

Overall, I would not recommend this product if you have somewhat sensitive skin. If you don't have skin sensitivity issues, I'd still say this is a YMMV, try before you buy type of product. Even if it hadn't irritated my skin, I'd probably still be underwhelmed by it. Maybe I will like Trumper's coconut shave soap more.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
One of my top two creams atm. The other is Taylor Almond, I seem to get good shaves from the "nutty" creams.

I normally use this together with GR´s unscented AFB and a touch of Trumper Lime SF. The balm seems to enhance the coconut scent, and the lime compliments it nicely. A very pleasurable experience all round.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Price : Cheaper than AOS, T&H or Mühle creams, slightly more expensive than TOBS and... ten times the price of EU-Palmolive cream.

Quality : It's made by one of the three T's, so if I give it less than 10 the shaving inquisition (just like the spanish inquisition, bar the silly beards) will probably be knocking on my door in a few minutes :biggrin:

Scent : The lather smells like a handful of dehydrated coconut flakes : a very unexpected scent for a shaving cream, and one which I find fairly pleasant. The smell is not overpowering and almost disappears after you wash, so there are no clashes with your aftershave.

Latherability : Simply excellent. I'm positive that even the most hamfisted newbie using the worst boar brush ever made will be able to get a marvellous, rich lather with this cream.

Efficacy : Good, but not exceptional. It's on par with most other good creams, not only the usual luxury brands but also certain plebeian drugstore products.

Moisturising Properties : Pretty good, a tad better than the average of good creams. I wasn't confident enough to not use a balm afterwards, though.

Packaging : Nothing to write home about, standard luxury cream stuff.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Price - You get what you pay for. It's high priced, but high quality.

Scent - The scent reminds me of summer time. Fresh, not overpowering and doesn't last. By the time I rinse off after my final pass it's pretty much gone. Some people might not like this, but I do. I don't paticularly like the idea of walking around smelling like a coconut :lol:

Latherability - This was tricky for me. It doesn't take much water for it to lather up and look like it's good to go, but it really takes a little more water and time than I thought at first. When I found the right mix, this turned into one of my favorites.

Efficacy - It does what a good shave cream should do - moisturizes, protects, and provides a nice slick base for the razor to glide over and do its job - cut whiskers without irritation.

Moisturizing Properties - Before I started adding enough water, my face felt like it was drying out for an hour after the shave, ASB and all. Once I started adding enough water, it completely changed into one of the most moisturizing creams that I have. An aftershave splash is all I need afterward.

I'm glad I bought Trumper's Coconut Oil shave cream. I like the scent, but I also like the fact that it doesn't linger. My shaves with it are outstanding and irratation free.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Another fine cream from Trumpers. I've used GFT, Coconut, Rose, and Almond and they all perform great!

Price: It's Trumpers so it's not cheap but it's definately a good value of the money.

Quality: This is great stuff. Just great stuff. Compared to The Body Shop, both Prorasos, and Palmolive, it blows them away.

Scent: It's great. It's like shaving with a nice pina colada. Truely wonderul. The scent is in full force but not too strong when you open the jar and then stays through the lathering and the entire shave.

Latherability: Dayum... This stuff is a lathering machine. My almond size dollup was plenty for a good 4 pass shave with extra left over. The lather is dense and coating, like a perfect meringue.

Efficay: Fantastic. Enough said.

Moisturizing: I felt it could have been a little better here. It moisturized well but not outstanding.

Packaging: Again, with some much nice packaging for creams coming out now there is stiff competition. That said, it was better than average.

All in all, a great cream. I recommend it to any fan of the scent.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I love this cream! I have tried numerous creams and am most recently getting into soaps but this is something that is always in my rotation. It lathers like a beast, feels very moisturizing, is pretty slick, and smells great (if just a tad weak for my tastes; hence the 8). And, like all of Trumper's products the packaging is great and the price isn't. All in all this is a fantastic product and one that I wouldn't be without.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Price? Well, kind of steep, if you ask me. However, it's well balanced by the other things it has to offer. Quality? Great! The scent is rather mild for my taste. I would prefer to have a stronger coconut scent. Not as strong as, say, SCS's. Latherability? No competition here. This bad boy lathers amazingly! Moisturizing? Again, top notch. I find this cream really hydrates my dry skin. Love this stuff. Packaging is kind of weak. Nothing spectacular. Overall, I really enjoy this cream. In particular, I really enjoy it's ability to create a wonderful lather, while maintaining a great scent and fantastic moisturizing properties.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
IMO, the best thing about this cream is its lubricity. When lathered properly, I find that the cream will allow the razor to glide very smoothly, even on the 3rd pass. In terms of its appearance, it looks and smells like coconut-flavoured ice cream! And the coconut scent is very pleasant indeed. This certainly is a high quality cream, without any question. Also, to contradict what some others have said, I personally find the scent quite a bit stronger than most other creams, especially when lathered onto the face.

Finally, I just want to say that the cream has seemed to stand the test of time in terms of its longevity. I've had a pot of it for almost 18 months now and it hasn't dried out at all. It still performs just as well as when I first got it.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I got this as a free sample, along with lots of other Trumper shaving creams. This is high quality cream and required just a touch to produce mounds of lather. I lathered directly on my face and had plenty from the sample to probably get another two shaves in. The lather was fast, thick and moist and provided me with a good shave.

My only real complaint is the smell -- it was far too subtle for my liking. I want something strong -- especially while I'm all lathered up and shaving. Perhaps it's because I've been shaving the last few days with Honeybee Coffee Mocha which smells like a strong mug of coffee under your nose -- but this cream just didn't smell enough like coconut for me.

Great shave -- just too delicate a scent for me.

Al
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
What fine cream this is. Definitely one of Trumper's finest, in fact. For the whole day, I was reminded of the morning shave by the gentle scent and moist skin. It provided a good amount of lather, and was a distinct pleasure to use, moreso than most other Trumper's creams, for me.

Toodlepip,

Hobbes
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I've tried this cream several times and each shave has been very enjoyable.

For me, it provides a very enjoyable and luxurious shave.

The scent is light, yet clean and refreshing. It doesn't irritate my face, which is a huge plus for me. It actually makes my face feel very clean and soft. The lather is very slick and feels absolutely wonderful on my face. The price is a bit high, but I believe it's worth it. It's the only Trumpers cream I've had though. A lot of people compare it to Taylors Avocado, but to me it's not a very good comparison. IMHO Taylors Avocado smells like SPF (sunscreen) and tends to irritate my face if I leave it on too long. Trumpers coconut is soft and non irritating. Love it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I used this cream for the first time this morning and I was very impressed. The scent, while not as powerful as my Truefitt's 1805, was calm and gentle. I lathered up in no time and it felt great on my two-day stubble.
Because of the gentle scent and the soothing effect on my skin, definitely a cream for those lazy Sunday mornings...
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is an outstanding cream.

It's so delicious, you want to bake a cake with it. In fact, it takes everything I have not to lick my shaving bowl.

Thick, rich lather. You can almost feel it feeding your pores.

Shaves are top notch and always consistant.

I got this cream primarily to mix my LIMES and my AOS Lemon along with it for a morning treat, but it's a stand out on its own.

Leaves face smooth and kissable.

Pricey, but aren't you worth it?
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)