What's new

Trumpers Coconut

If you want to know exactly what this cream smells like then crack open a bottle of Hawaiian tropic suntan lotion. The difference is that the cream's scent is not as strong and will not linger on your skin very long post-shave. If you like that suntan lotion coconut smell then you will love this cream.

Performance, this cream lathers and moisturizes as good as any top tier cream. If you have problems with performance, then check your water to cream ratio and technique, it is not the cream, try lathering directly on your face. If you compare the ingredient list of the 3T’s they are virtually identical, even in the order of the ingredients, meaning the proportion of each ingredient relative to the others is very similar if not the same for all three creams. The differences are primarily in the fragrance and in this cream a little coconut oil, so the moisturizing properties should be as good if not a little better.

Also, you get 200g in the tub instead of 150g like many other creams.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I wanted to like this cream and gave it some time. I bought it based on the glowing recommendations here and used it for five days with different razors both new and old. While I agree that the smell is amazing, probably one of my favorites, I was disappointed by everything else. I'd say the latherability was average to below average and quickly loses its slickness and thickness. I kept having to rewhip it in the bowl just to get a decent cushion. And I'm sorry to say the shaves were not great. I didn't feel the moisturizing properties I get from the Taylors and Truefitts and there was alot of razor tugging and irritation even with a light beard. Plus it costs an arm and a leg. Can't recommend this, but it sure has an amazing smell.

_____
David
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I have been using GFT Sandalwood exclusively for about 8 years prior to DE shaving. Since I started DE shaving, I have used a host of other creams and soaps. However, Trumper, for me, is when I want a really special shave. I tried the Coconut for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised. I am not a fan of things coconut and tried this one more for the moisturizing properties than the scent. And that was the surprising part. The smell of the warm coconut scented lather was very relaxing. Yes, it is expensive, but you can't argue with GFT quality. Its latherability was what you've come expect with the nice meringue-like peaks and shiny cream. I had a great shave using this cream and can really go after a BBS with its moisturizing qualities and slickness. I highly recommend this one.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Price -- same as other GFT creams. Quite expensive, but does not require discussion with the bank manager before purchasing.

Quality -- GFT quality. Very good.

Scent -- coconut, as it says on the label. Subtle and not overwhelming.

Lather -- yes it does, thank you very much.

Efficacy -- every time I've used it I've had a great smooth comfortable safe shave.

Moisturising properties -- little moisturiser needed.

Packaging -- comes in a lovely metal tube so you can see how much cream is left.

This is becoming my favourite cream.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This stuff is excellent. It lathers like a rabid badger, cushions during the shave, and keeps my face moisturized. I was expecting an overabundance of coconut scent. If you smell hard enough, you do get a faint whiff of coconut, but it's nothing remotely offensive. The smell is quite nice, in fact. The only slight negative is the price. There are substantially cheaper products out there that are equally as good. But that shouldn't be a huge knock.

I've now used three Trumper creams: Violet, GFT, and now this. This one's the clear winner of the lot.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Just a bit too suntan lotion-ey for my taste. Nice, slick lather though, and better performance than any Trumper cream I've tried. This will make a lot of friends, but not me.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This cream is not the be all, end all; I offer my dissent.

Price - Inflated Trumper price. Salter or Taylor is a better value for the English stuff, IMHO of course.

Quality - No complaints, Trumper's quality is excellent.

Scent - Smells just like a bag of coconut used for cooking. Just what you think it would be, different, but nice. My wife thinks it is very feminine. I myself have no issues with my masculinity and find it pleasant. :biggrin:

Latherability - Explodes easily. Probably one of my easiest creams to lather with my array of brushes from limp to scrubby.

Efficacy - Ah, here's the rub. This is just a so-so shaver for me. Lather is good, slickness is pretty mediocre, and the moisturizing is not so good for me either. If the shave was better, this would be 10s all around, but it isn't.

Moisturizing - Eh. See above. Not bad but I still feel like I need some balm after the shave.

Packaging - Beautiful, classic, old style Trumper. Nice.

Comments:
I ordered the cream from QED when Charles was out of the soap I originally intended to order. I usually write him back with my feedback after I have used the items and the interchange is always interesting. He stated Trumper Coconut was the worst selling of all the Trumper creams (with reason) for years and years until it was trumped up on the forums and now it sells like crazy. These fads come and go. I think there are other creams with better value out there, and I will not reorder this one when the tub is finished.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Trumper coconut is my favorite Trumper cream, bar none, and IMHO it blows anything from Taylor away; Wish I liked them all this well.
I cannot use it daily for fear I will use it up.
Simply an outstanding shave cream.
John P
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
An absolute favourite of mine. Maybe the best I have ever used. I cannot think of anything negative about this cream. The price may be a little steep, but remember that you get more with GFT jars.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Great Shaving cream... realy neat, tropical scent I use on special occasions! :thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is definitely one of my favorites too. The thing to remember is that it's 'Coconut Oil' and not straight coconut. Some people are surprised when they smell it and are expecting pina colada. Still a great scent, and a quality cream.

-Nick
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Easily one of my favorite shave creams. I compare this to Taylors Avocado in quality.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
For years I avoided Trumpers. I love my Taylor's dearly, and the cost differential annoyed me, even after accounting for the weight differences in the tub. Also, I had never gotten a good shave with Trumpers creme samples that I had used. However, I was intrigued by the coconut scent, so when it was my birthday, I figured what the heck. Now I am sorry I waited. This stuff just blew my socks off. From the scent to the lather to the shave, this stuff is unparalleled.

Price
Yeah, it is expensive, but it is worth it. I can't, however, say that about the other creams in the Trumpers rotation

Quality
Fantastic, high-quality cream. Much more consistent than Taylors, and Trumpers really pays attention to detail in the packaging, etc.

Scent
Very nice, dry coconut aroma. Unique among the array of men's toiletry items out there

Latherability
This stuff produces very rich and moist lather, and you can really feel the presence of the coconut oil. It feels wonderful on the face.

Efficacy
I get some of the best shaves with this product. Very slick and rich lather allows you to really go after those whiskers without any fear of burn

Moisturizing
This is the most moisturizing cream out there, including Taylor's Avocado. It is one of the 2 or 3 products I can use without an aftershave (if I chose to :wink: )

Packaging
The Trumpers packaging is great. Old school and classic.

In a nutshell, this is a must-have product in my shaving locker. I can guarantee that you will be impressed if you try it.
Top Bottom