What's new

Trumper Skinfood - Extract of Limes....

Pros: Price on sale, quality, scent, effective
Cons: Scent could last longer
got a 200ml bottle on sale for $25 shipped, will last me years. scent could be strong. works great, feels great, smells great. a little goes a long, long way. worth every penny.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Excels in the Summer
Cons: Although fantastic and very fresh, the highly fleeting scent is somewhat of a disappointment
Probably the freshest limes scent I've ever used, however highly fleeting. That said, skin food continues to exceed my expectations, both as a pre/post shave treatment. Combined with GFT's Limes or Coconut creams, skin food is probably my favourite Summer shave I've ever had. Splash on a bit of Ogallala Limes & Peppercorns for a lingering scent and I'm walking on cloud nine for the entire day.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent, longevity
Cons: Price
Moisturizes better than it's sandalwood cousin and is great for summer weather. Price is a bit high but it does last very long. I was very happy with it.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Compared to Nivea and other *** products this is a superior product - however compared to other top shelf offerings, it is lacking. Skinfood does a medeocre job of soothing the skin and such - but does a wonderful job "sealing" the skin, thus is a superb aftershave for summer use. I use extract of limes skinfood more so than the coral (rose) - and HIGHLY recommend pairing this aftershave with Trumper Coconut shaving cream.... coconut followed by lime is just pure magic!

See consistency below...
displayimage.php
This was my "go to" aftershave product since I started with the higher-end wetshaving products, until I tried the CAR Hydrolast Skin Conditioner and Proraso's pre-post product. I think its best used in the summer when you don't need as much "moisturizing" as you do "protecting" properties.

(BTW, combining the CAR Skin Conditioner *and* Skin Food is quite synergistic! With the CAR alone my skin feels soft and moisturized for 8-10 hours, but team it with Skin Food and the feeling goes for an entire 24 hours!)

--Mark
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I've been using the Limes as a pre-shave for a couple of months, and I find that it makes a positive difference, making the shaving experience much smoother.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Nice scent. A little thin, but the bottle doesn't let it pour out anyway. Suckes up by the skin post shave with a little tingle. Sadly leaves a sticky residue behind.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Part of me wants to say that this is just some fancy Corn Husker's Lotion, but I really do enjoy it. Very little is needed, about two drops covers everything. The scent is nice but light, and I find myself using the coral version a bit more. The lime does, however, go nicely with lemon, lime, coconut, avocado, Arlington, and others.

I use this primarily as a "last" step, rather than a first. Seems to help lock in all the goodness of other preparations. At around $24, it's a luxury, but as it lasts for a good year, it's nice to have around.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This works a lot better than some other products I have tried, but it is not at the top of my list. It does not burn, and it does a decent job moisturizing, but it doesn't do a whole lot for razor burn if you scrape a few too many skin layers off. The scent is good, but it seems a little artificial to me. I absolutely love the scent of limes when you zest them for cooking, and this is not in that league. The cost is a little steep as well for the return. Overall good, but not great.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I found this product to just be ok. However, if I use this after applying my T&H west Indian limes balm, I find the T&H scent lasts longer. I only need a tiny drop of this product for my whole face.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I love this stuff and to me it's better thain the Coral version. I like the smell a lot better on this one. As a preshave it's quite a farce in comparison to Proraso Pre/Post and can be as an after shave soother if i'm not using the proper shaving cream. Somehow it feels like this works a lot better with the limes shavingcream thain anything else.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I loved the scent of this. As someone else has said, it does temporarily leave a sticky residue on the skin that I haven't found with the Coral, but it leaves within a few minutes. It moisturizes my skin decently, but not the best, IMHO. My biggest complaint is that the scent, for me, is very fleeting. Almost before I have finished working it into my skin, the scent is gone. This is a shame, because the smell is one of the reasons I prefer this to the Coral. If they could just make the scent last a little longer, it would be excellent.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I've bought a few different Trumpers products over the years and outwith their soaps and creams which are generally excellent I am usually left a little dissapointed with their skin and bodycare prouducts. There is usually better value to be had out there.
This stuff has a nice clean scent and a little does go a long way. Apart from that I find it just an above average ASB. About an hour after I apply it my skin feels dry again and I need to apply a moisturiser.
Here is the bug for me. I received this as a sample along with a sample of the coral skin food and the ingredients are EXACTLY the same. So where is the extract of limes? Is it extract of limes fragrance? Or extract of limes colour? I want my limes dammit!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I love this skin food. But first, the price seems really high for the size of bottle and amount you get. I feel the larger bottle is a better value but still pretty high. The 100ml bottle is around 25 dollars average and will fit in the palm of you hand. The good news is a little really does go along way. I use two drops and it covers my whole face. I don't really use this as a true aftershave, more like a moisturizer or lotion. I use an alcohol base splash first and after that has dried I use two drops of the skinfood. Works great for me, my face feels smooth and irritation free all day. I find it works really well if I had a bad morning shave, though maybe one more drop needed. I t doesn't really have cooling sensation, more a soothing sensation. Their is no burn at all. The scent is great and doesn't last long at all, so that can be a good thing or a bad thing. For me it is good, it doesn't interfear with my cologne. Overall I am really impressed impressed with their product and don't have the same tacky feeling as others do. Try some you just might like it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Just a quick comment....here in Colorado, the Trumper Skin Food is simply not moisturizing enough for my skin. It might be a different story if I still lived in Houston!

I use the Skin Food mainly as a light pre shave, followed by Nivea Sensitive AS Balm.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I'm just flat out IN LOVE with this stuff. Ok... so it doesn't cure cancer, or completely stop any and all razor burn... but it smells great (I just want to DRINK the stuff), and really moisturizes well. I sometimes use it for pre-shave, but due to the price I mostly use Corn Huskers for that, and use the Lime Skin Food for post-shave. Combines great with Trumper's Lime Cologne, and other brand's scents.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Trumpers makes some great stuff. Their skinfood is a quality product. I can't say that I've seen any substantial razor burn relief or moisturization from the Skinfood but seals the skin well and is priced reasonably. My one major complaint with the Extract of Limes is the same as the Coral. To me the scent is really offputting. Now take that with a grain of salt because scent is a very personal thing. However, to me this stuff smells like lime Lifesavers candy. While not bad per se, it's not what I'm looking for in an aftershave product.

Bottom line, if skinfood the best stuff ever? No. Is it a decent product you should try for yourself? Most definitely.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Like some others, I find just 2 drops to do the trick. Still, it's an expensive product. If I had to choose, I'd go with the lime scent over the coral scent. (I think Trumper's lime scented shaving cream smells better.) It does feel nice on this skin during the hot & humid summertime weather in New York City.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I find that this doesn't help me much when my face really needs it after a shave - if I'm going to put on something this thick I want more soothing.

However it is very useful to put on if my face is still annoyed by bed time - the lime scent won't kill me as I sleep, whereas others get trapped by the pillow and become overpowering, and I need less soothing at night. So I'm still using is as a... long long time after shave.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Really love this product works great and has a wonderful lime aroma. Seems a little sticky when it goes on by dries nice, you need very little product. Goes wonderful with the Trumper's West Indian Limes Aftershave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)