What's new

The Art of Shaving Shaving Cream Unscented

Item Description

I tried a sample of this cream, and it's very good. It's very dense, so you don't have to use much, and it lathers like crazy, I achieved good lather in maybe 1/10th of the time it takes to get similar results with Dr. Harris soap. The cream is also latherable by hand, which makes it handy for traveling when you have to shave in a tight spot.

The shave it gives is great, really slick and oiled feeling, and with less effort. It also gives a nice slight moisturizing feeling afterwards, without feeling oily.

I do recommend this product, it maybe is a little pricey, but it's definitively worth most of the price, esp. since you use so little per shave. And when these boys say unscented, it really is, I couldn't smell much at all (compared to their shaving oil with smells like olive-oil with added cloves).

Latest reviews

Pros: good lather
Cons: expensive
not worth the money considering the high quality shave creams from England you can get for 10-15 bucks cheaper that are just as good.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: ease of lathering, slickness, consistency
Cons: price
This review is a combination of my experience with the sample I tried today and what I know of the full tub of product. Quite simply, this is the best shaving cream I have used. I really was hoping not to like it, that the $10-$13 premium over TOBS or Proraso was just paying for the brand name, but I must say I was impressed. If a tub of TOBS is worth $15, then AoS is worth $25. The lather was very meringuey, slick, moisturizing, and protective. I didn't know what to put down for scent, being an unscented product. This definitely would be a good product for no-fragrance workplaces. My rating for packaging is based on the sample, not the tub. The review won't let me put 0 for the price (that's why it says (none indicated"), but the sample I received in the store was free. The sample came in a packet, not in a small tub like all the other cream samples I have (but it did come in a box with a packet of pre-shave oil and a packet of ASB). Just don't make the mistake of squeezing all of it out. Half of the sample is more than enough for a three or four pass shave. While this is the best performing cream I have tried (out of KMF, Proraso, TOBS, XPEC, DRH, and The Body Shop), it's no better in performance than the C&E soap I have, which as a refill without the bowl cost $16 less than a tub of AoS cream.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Lubricating and unscented
Cons: None really
Price: Not the most expensive, but getting into deminishing returns territory. Quality: Excellent quality, ranks with the 3 T's. Scent: Absolutely none, so it got a 10 for bieng as advertised. Latherability: Really whips up a nice thick lather, not too sensitive to the water/cream ratio. Efficacy: Blade glides well, no tugging. Moisturizing Properties: Not very, but not too drying either, leaves face a little dry. Packaging: Top notch, double walled tub with a screw lid.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)