What's new

Taylor Sandalwood

Item Description

Switching recently from Gillette M3s and Gel to a proper razor, this was the first shaving cream I ever tried. What a difference. Where I live, the water is pretty hard, making it tough to build up a decent lather with the soaps I have been trying out before. Not a problem with this one, a few swirls in the coffee mug I use for a shaving bowl, and nice lather was building up. Then again, from what I read, this is almost a trademark for Taylor creams.

The shave is good, the cream provides good glide for my razor (Merkur 23).

The price is ok, paid 7£ for it at the Gentleman's Shop. On a per shave basis, I actually think it is cheaper than the Gillette gel I have used in the past.

The packaging was the only dissapointment. The tub came in a white box, with blue print on it, and the print was rubbing off. Not what I expected from a high end product, but then again, I'm not shaving with the box. :001_smile

It took a while for me to get used to the scent. When using it, it is almost too much in your face :001_rolle , but the gentle scent lingering throughout the day is actually growing on me.

Moisturizing? Well, it does not dry out my skin, but it does not add moisture either. Not a big issue for me, as I always finish off with a Nivea ASB, which adds all the moisture I need.

All in all, a very good shaving cream, but only if you are into Sandalwood.

Latest reviews

Had a nice shave with this product. Didn't take much at all to make more than enough lather for 3 passes and then some. Had a pretty good slickness to it, I had 4 to 5 days growth. The only con I would say would be the scent is extremely strong in the tub, and it lingered on my face all day. I didn't mind, but other people might. That and the scent stays in the brush forever and might interfere with milder products that you use.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent, Lather,
Cons: Packaging, Mosturization
Overall it's a great cream from a great brand. I just wish it was better for my skin, but maybe that won't be the case for you.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Cons: Scent
I was expecting so much more, but this cream is nowhere near Trumper's line. There isn't enough slick, doesn't shine as well, and the smell is repulsive to me. I have C&E sandalwood and its so much nicer.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
Necator
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
0.97 star(s) 34 ratings

More in Shaving Creams (Reviews)

More from Necator

• Merkur 23
    This razor is very similar to the famed Merkur HD (34). According to...
Top Bottom