What's new

Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream (75ml tube)

Item Description

This shaving cream is a wonderful and worthy addition to the sandalwood family of shaving creams. This 75g tube is somewhat more expensive than the competition at $12 a tube however that shouldn't hinder someone who wants to experience a truly rewarding and fragrant shave. The sandalwood scent is married with a slight citrus undertone that is made obvious when it is whipped up into a lather. Latherability is better than average and a pea size amount is more than adequate for a full face shave with at least 3 passes. Lubrication and mosturizing properties are better than average. I found myself complementing this product with aftershave with alcohol rather than an aftershave balm which I attribute to the effectiveness of this product. The packaging consists of a plastic tube just under 6" with a tan tube and black cap. Overall this is worthy competitor in the sandalwood community.

Note: The Taylor of Old Bond Street sandalwood line has a slightly different scent for each product. The aftershave smells nothing like the bath soap which smells nothing like the shaving cream which smells nothing like the aftershave gel. With that being said, it is in my opinion that THIS product smells the best (in the Taylor line) and that is due to the very slight hint of orange.

Latest reviews

Pros: Scent and latherability
I bought this when I was in London and went to Jermyn street. TOBS had a twofer special on it, so I splurged. You don't need much product at all to whip up some serious lather. I didn't notice a citrus scent. It does seem like my face needed a little more ASB when I finished. One tube lasted me almost a year when in rotation with two other creams.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I really like this cream. Now, while I don't think TOBS (any scent) is in the league with T&H it is still a very good cream. I just feel that T&H has a better lather and heartier scents. Overall, this is a very pleasant Sandalwood and nice lather. Its one I don't use very often but every time I do pull it out and use it I think to myself that this stuff needs to be bumped up in the rotation. The $12 for the tube is probably expense per use but I didn't want to gamble the extra dollars for the tub. Lastly, the packaging really bothers me on the TOBS tube tops (that's an opening for a joke). Anyway I have had a couple of these tops separate the threaded part from the cap. This makes the tubes useless and the cream has to be transfered to another container. Just be careful not to tighten the cap too tight or check that it wasn't already cracked up inside for shipping.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
While I can't comment on the price (it was a present), and the scent is a little dubious, I love this cream.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)