What's new

Tabac Shave Soap

Item Description

Classic Shave soap by Maurer & Wirtz

Latest reviews

Pros: Great scent.
Cons: Horrible shave.
I don't mean to be negative, and to each his own, but I really quite disliked this shave soap. I've been wet shaving for a long time, and used many products and for me this was one of the worst. I loved the scent, however I could not, no matter what I did, get a shave without great irritation and after 4 or 5 shaves gave up on this soap entirely. I loved the glass dish / bowl the soap came in, and I say again that I enjoyed the scent, but comfort is #1 for me and this did not suit my skin well. YMMV.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Easy to create a thick rich lather
I would say this is essential for any new D.E. shaver.
The ease with which this can be whipped up to a luxurious lather makes one less thing the new shaver has to worry about. I do have to say I would like a little more slickness but maybe i just need to adjust the water a little.
I'm very pleased with this soap.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Dense foam, not much razor burn after a shave
Cons: Smells like Boraxo soap, expensive, better alternatives
Tabac is a good shave soap as it has a dense foam and the razor burn after a shave is nearly nonexistent. However, the scent of this soap is just like the Boraxo soap sold in the '80s and the price is too high. I'm guessing that a big part of the price is the porcelain bowl the soap comes in, which is a nice touch, but not really necessary. Drop it and it might shatter. This is just an okay kind of soap, but not really worth the money. There are better options like Trader Joe's Cream Shave.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)