What's new

Speick After shave splash

This is the first "quality" aftershave I purchased, approaching a year ago now. Save a few days when I used Thayer's Superhazel and another few when I used Nivea ASB, this has been it. The only aftershave splash I've used. For almost a year.

It's just that good.

My girlfriend initially disliked the smell, not strongly but she wasn't crazy about it. Now, she knows if I've shaved because her nose can't leave my face. She knows if I shaved several hours ago just by the smell, in fact -- she swears she can smell it even if I can't (I don't doubt it).

The only time I "feel the burn" is when I really butcher myself, and even then it settles down after a few seconds. Otherwise it's extremely gentle and leaves my skin feeling great.

Now that I'm near the end of my bottle, I'll be branching out a bit and developing a rotation, but there is no way I will let myself go without this damned fine product.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I finally got a bottle of this and after using it for a week or so, I really like it.

The main points are:

1. Price - not too expensive and a good value.

2. Scent - initially, I didn't know what to make of the scent. It's neither an old-time drugstore AS scent or an upscale AS scent. It's a nice citrusy/herbal scent that's hard to describe but very fresh. It's a pretty mild scent and not long-lasting at all. I'd say within an hour or so, I can't smell it at all. That's perfect for me since I'm really sensitive to strong scents due to migraine headaches. If you like your aftershaves strongly scented, it might be a small minus, though.

3. Efficacy - all around a terrific AS. It has a nice cooling, soothing effect with minimal burn. It feels smooth and healing. A very nice product.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
Well I finally got my hands on some Speick after being on the waiting list at WCS. I must say it has many qualities that I enjoy in an aftershave

Price: this is a drugstore brand in Germany, but not in the US

Quality: top notch

Fights razor burn: menthol, alum, and liquid wax

Cooling sensation: it was minimal, so I added some menthol crystals :w00t:

Scent: herbal, very weak, and short lived, which is what I like in an aftershave

Moisturizing: I find myself not reaching for the Karite ASB

Burn: there is some alcohol, but not much. A lot of the sting comes from the alum
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I tried several aftershaves before trying this one. Almost everything I tried didn't work, it either irritated my skin or my eyes. This one is the real winner though, it soothes and doesn't make me wanna cry from irritated eyes.
beats musgo or proraso
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
As far as I am concerned the Speick After Shave Lotion is one of the very few aftershaves (splashes) that *really* do treat the skin.
Most Aftershaves contain mainly fragarence, alcohol and water and sometimes menthol for cooling and numbing.
This one comes with a complete set of essential and natural oils to soothen and repair your skin.

It really helps fighting (slight) razor burn.

The smell is subtle but very present (and pleasant as well),
so you can wear it alone, or overpower it with your EDT.
It doesn´t have that designer-mainstream smell but a very natural one.

I recently bought 3 bottles of this stuff for 4€ each here at my local mal.

This is my first and by far most used Aftershave!

If you got the chance to try it, do so.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
This is the best after shave I ve ever used altough I have sensitive skin. I can say only one word for this: PERFECT !
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Outside of Old Spice A/S I am strictly a balm user, but all the praise heaped on Speick splash convinced me that I had to try it - and boy am I glad I did.

Immediately upon application I could feel a nice soothing sensation with very little burn. Just two shakes of the [glass] bottle gave me the perfect amount to rub and pat into my face and neck.The splash (or lotion as the bottle calls it) soaked in immediately and did not leave any tacky residue.

The scent is classic barbershop with citrus and woody notes that I quite enjoyed. I think the scent stayed with me for about two hours after application, though it was very faint after about 30 minutes.

There really is no moisturizing properties to the splash, but application of a separate lotion took care of that with no problem. Considering the relatively low cost, there aren't many better A/S out there.

Highly recommended.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
First I'll say that I have only a couple alcohol based ***. Second this is one of my favorite ***! I love the scent. I don't detect the sweetness others have mentioned. I think it smells like nothing else and I have many AS products. Besides the scent what I really like is that it lasts a long time. I can still get whiffs of it hours after application. In fact I'd say it lasts longer than any other AS I've used. I will definitely get more of this product.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I bought a bottle of Speick aftershave with my last order from Shaving Essentials, very pleased. I have found that using a little Everyman Jack Cooling Gel post shave balm after the Speick gives me the cooling I crave, the scents don't conflict, and the combination just leaves my skin feeling great.
This is one of the best. It has wonderful healing properties. The scent is very nice, but it doesn't last long. I use Speick EDC for an extra scent boost.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Tried this the other day, seems like a high quality product but the scent didnt do much for me, I know Ive smelled it somewhere else but cant place it at the moment. It does soothe the skin nicely.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Earlier this week, I received a bottle of Speick A/S and a bottle of Musgo Real. I have used both during the week and can't decide which is my favorite . . . but do I really need to? I'll keep both of these in my rotation and may add Speick cologne.
At $15.00 or so this is quite a bit more expensive than the usual drugstore suspects, but quite a bit less than many upscale Euro brands. Since it is so much more effective (for me) than either The Cheap Stuff *or* the more pricey aftershaves..... and I prefer the light scent that dissipates quickly I find it a true bargain.

Having tried a couple dozen aftershave splashes including the drugstore standbys for both The US and Europe as well as the more expensive British products, I have settled on Speick as my every day aftershave.

It leaves my face the cleanest feeling, moisturized enough (especially for summer) and razor burn free.

One of the things I like most about Speick is that by the time I finish breakfast the scent is essentially gone...what remains is nothing more than a light, clean fragrance that will be completely dissipated by the time I get to work. I'm not much of an EDT guy and find Man Scents to grate on me very easily.

Many of the other aftershaves I own/use simply have a fragrance that lasts too long and begins to sour on me around lunch time *and* tend to leave my face feeling slightly tacky as if it needs a quick rinse.

Pick up a bottle of Speick......it's The Stuff!:smile:.....and if you don't like it just send me a PM and I'll take it off your hands!:wink:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
D
This is good aftershave but like most viewers said the scent is to short, that's my only negative point. Also important van Speick is BDIH certified.
The best antidote for razor burn, lovely scent and quite moisturizing for an alcohol based after shave.

Just a great product
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
very nice stuff and full of natural things. Away from parabens and others.

Scent in nice but does not last long and alcohol burns are very low.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
In Germany i'm in the lucky situation that i can find it in nearly any drugstore for about 7 to 8 €.
Amazing price compared to the qualities this aftershave has.
I adore the scent. Very simple and clean.
Matches perfectly with the Shaving stick.
Lingers for about two hours, so it's possible to wear a cologne without mixing scents too much.
Nearly no alcohol burn and the ingredient list sounds like a whole bio-supermarket: Very healthy :cool:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I just had to try this after all the raves and good heavens it's awesome. The alcohol burn is there but very mild. Everything is absolutely top notch. A very nice, light fragrance that seems to stick around for me, and my face feels as though I haven't shaved at all aside from the lack of stubble. Wonderful stuff which induced me to buy the cologne too.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I used this product for the first time today. All I can say is, wow. For an alcohol-based AS, this stuff REALLY works!

I like the scent -- very old-world barbershop. Kind of reminds me of the way my Dad used to smell after shaving (altho I think he was an Old Spice guy. Go figure.). I layered some C&S Oxford & Cambridge AS on after using this; I really love the C&S scent & I felt like the Speick scent disappeared on me fairly immediately. The C&S tends to stick around for awhile albeit in a quiet way -- I use it mostly as a cologne.

I gave it a "0" for a "No Alcohol Burn" rating b/c it's an alcohol-based splash; of course there's gonna be a modicum of burn! For me however, the burn was fleeting and instantly replaced by a feeling of calm, soft, skin.

This product will most definitely become a part of my regular rotation.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)