What's new

Semogue 1305

I have had this brush for about 3 months and I must say that I find that I really like it. It is the best boar hair brush I have used. It takes a little time to break it in but is very good for soaps and face-lathering. I owe several Silver tipped Badger brushes but I find that this brush is a nice break ever now and again.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
proxy.php

I can't believe this has not been reviewed yet.

I got this brush on a whim from Vintagescent.com. After having it a couple of months, I find I am using this brush almost exclusively, my badger hardly gets used.

First thing I noticed was that this brush had no skunky smell when it got wet that other boars I own all have. For example any Omega brush I have owned has had it. In itself its no big deal, but not having to use Borax to get rid of this smell was a nice plus.

The brush took very little to break it in and now I have to say its makes the best lather of all my brushes including the badgers I have. It works great with soaps and creams and created mounds of rich lather, especially when used to face lather. It becomes very soft when soaked, but still firm enough to provide a great feel of the bristles on the face.

Semogue brushes feature a metal ring around the bristles, the ring is there as an added measure to hold the bristles in place. As you will see in the pictures, the brush has a very old-time barbershop look which I just love. The product screams quality and as far as I know they are still made using the same traditional brushmaking processes in by a family business Portugal. Overall this quality is better than Omega IMHO and I prefer to buy from a smaller family business.

If you want to buy a boar, this is the one you should buy.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)