What's new

Sea Breeze

Item Description

Since this product was mentioned recently in the skin care subforum I thought a full review might be in order.

Briefly, this is a alcohol-based astringent that contains camphor, clove, and eucalyptus oils. Camphor is the dominant scent, and not by a little -- if you were dosed with Vicks when you were a kid you will recognize it immediately.

I rate it high for quality. I only deducted points for the coloring agents.

As for scent, I rank it slightly above Dickinson's WH (great product but I can't stand the smell). You will either tolerate it or hate it. The scent lasts for about 15 mins. on my skin.

Efficacy -- works very well on reducing oily skin without drying. May be worth trying if you have acne.

Packaging and price -- comes in a cheap squeeze bottle, which is fine by me.
I paid $5.99 for the 12 oz. bottle at a local drugtore and it usually can be found for less. Note that there are different versions -- this review is for the product pictured.

Latest reviews

Since this product was mentioned recently in the skin care subforum I thought a full review might be in order.

Briefly, this is a alcohol-based astringent that contains camphor, clove, and eucalyptus oils. Camphor is the dominant scent, and not by a little -- if you were dosed with Vicks when you were a kid you will recognize it immediately.

I rate it high for quality. I only deducted points for the coloring agents.

As for scent, I rank it slightly above Dickinson's WH (great product but I can't stand the smell). You will either tolerate it or hate it. The scent lasts for about 15 mins. on my skin.

Efficacy -- works very well on reducing oily skin without drying. May be worth trying if you have acne.

Packaging and price -- comes in a cheap squeeze bottle, which is fine by me.
I paid $5.99 for the 12 oz. bottle at a local drugtore and it usually can be found for less. Note that there are different versions -- this review is for the product pictured.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)